Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Order

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am new to this, so forgive me if this question has been asked and answered. I recently visited a Tesla at a local mall. I was so impressed, I went home did some research and went back to the store a week later and plopped down my $2,500 and placed my order for the standard black, RWD, long range Tesla 3. I arranged for financing through them. I have been reading a ton about how long it takes to take delivery. I have read hear and other places it could take anywhere from 30 days to over a year. This is vitally important as I want/need to take advantage of the tax credit. Our sales person "100% guarantees" it will be here by the end of the year. But as always, the sooner the better. Does anyone have an idea when it might be delivered?

I am new to this, so forgive me if this question has been asked and answered. I recently visited a Tesla at a local mall. I was so impressed, I went home did some research and went back to the store a week later and plopped down my $2,500 and placed my order for the standard black, RWD, long range Tesla 3. I arranged for financing through them. I have been reading a ton about how long it takes to take delivery. I have read hear and other places it could take anywhere from 30 days to over a year. This is vitally important as I want/need to take advantage of the tax credit. Our sales person "100% guarantees" it will be here by the end of the year. But as always, the sooner the better. Does anyone have an idea when it might be delivered?

At this point it's highly likely all order-able configs will be delivered before end of the year- the longest estimates on any config is 2-4 months

You'll probably know a bit more Wednesday when Tesla does their earnings call and discusses production info.

BTW, the tax credit doesn't vanish on Jan 1, it just drops down to $3750 for another 6 months.

2-4 months does mean before years end. But does it mean it will happen? Hard to tell. Keep an eye out on deliveries of RWD from spreadsheet here. IF you are lucky to have a config that is available and truck has space going your way and nobody else has that config before you. You can get a car within weeks. But at leat on these forums nobody can tell you with certainty.

Being conservative, Tesla probably has 100K Model 3 production capacity through the end of the year.

Hard to say what gets here first but I would suggest if at all possible stretching an extra 5k and going AWD. They will try to produce those first for the higher margins.

Last edited:
I received an email that my Model 3 is scheduled for deliver around Aug 9. I wonder what around means.

It means sooner than me (AWD, Aug 21)! That is INSANELY fast. You'll likely get on that day, or a week later. My delivery is "scheduled" for 8/21, however they make the disclaimer that it's also subject to logistics (shipping) issues. That's probably why they said "around" Aug 9, for your car. Be happy, don't fret! Congrats!

I received an email that my Model 3 is scheduled for deliver around Aug 9. I wonder what around means.

Around means +/- a week depending on any unforeseen delays of the car in transit. For example, I'm on the East coast and had to deal with truck and rail transit. Lots of delays on the way. But you're pretty close to the mothership, so likely you'll get your car really close to that date. congrats!