Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ordered 11/10, but VIN shows OCT 7 build - problem?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
11/10 - placed order online for AWD

11/11 - Recv txt that car will be home delivered 11/19

No VIN showing on Telsa Account, but I called my SA and got the VIN: 134xxx. He says the car is located about 30 miles from me in SoCal at a Tesla Center.

Checked M3 VIN tracker and it shows this was build around Oct 7 - which is about a month ago.

1. Should I be worried that the car has been sitting around for 4-5 weeks before I take delivery?

2. How can I be sure the car wasn't rejected by a previous buyer based on VIN?

any advice?

• Disagree
Reactions: MarkBrokeIt
I wouldn’t worry. Mine is 118xxx and the door stamp says oct build.

Inspect the car carefully and be happy.

I did end up putting my first vin back into play because I wasn’t able to pick it up. Lots of family issues I had to deal with at the time. Didn’t even ship to Texas, but they held it for a week before requesting a new vin.

I wouldn't worry about it. They produce cars in batches based on body color and other options and do runs and then switch it up to another color etc. By the sounds of inventory build I would take that to mean at the time that they were running that configuration during production they produced extra number of cars not specifically for a particular owner's order. My guess is that would be what they had built, uncommitted and what you would be assigned. Doesn't mean there would be anything wrong with it. Just overstock is my thought.

Reactions: MarkBrokeIt
Oct 7 is the day Tesla registered those VIN, not the day when the car is build. Your config is probably White AWD and sports wheels. I checked through quite a few 134xxx this few days are they are all end of Oct to Nov build(including mine). Inspect the car thoroughly and don't worry too much.

Nope, no reason to worry. Keep in mind that almost every ICE car out there is essentially an inventory build and could have been sitting in some dealers lot for months before being purchased. There is nothing inherently wrong with a car that has been sitting for few weeks.

Reactions: lensovet