Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ordered 2 Model Y with intention of keeping only one order

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered 2 Model Y, one at end of Jan before price increased with $2500 deposit. I ordered another Model Y end of Feb after price increase. I added performance options to the second order and now Tesla is asking me for financing information for the second order. The first order is not moving at all. This kind of confirms that Tesla wants to sell most expensive orders first.

First Order: $60000
Model Y
Long Range All-Wheel Drive
Midnight Silver Metallic Paint
19’’ Gemini Wheels
All Black Premium Interior
Five Seat Interior
Autopilot
Full Self-Driving Capability

Second order: $68900
Model Y
Long Range All-Wheel Drive Performance
Performance Upgrade
21’’ Überturbine Wheels
Five Seat Interior
Autopilot

I ordered 2 Model Y, one at end of Jan before price increased with $2500 deposit. I ordered another Model Y end of Feb after price increase. I added performance options to the second order and now Tesla is asking me for financing information for the second order. The first order is not moving at all.
This kind of confirms that Tesla wants to sell most expensive orders first.

First Order: $60000
Model Y
Long Range All-Wheel Drive
19’’ Gemini Wheels

Five Seat Interior
Autopilot

Second order: $68900
Model Y
Long Range All-Wheel Drive Performance
Performance Upgrade
21’’ Überturbine Wheels
Five Seat Interior
Autopilot
I made the same order as the #1 (2018/04) and I received my e-mail, and many phone calls, one week ago, but I'm in California

I have 2 orders similar to your orders

Order 1) on 3/14/19 for AWD / MSM / Black Interior / 19" Wheels / FSD (no Performance) for $57,500. This is stuck on Prepare for Delivery.

Order 2) on 02/25/20 for Performance / MSM / Black Interior / PUP Package with 21" Wheels for $68,990. Tesla is asking for Registration Details and Payment info on this order. I just cancelled this order today. I just cant justify spending extra ~13k including taxes for the Performance upgrade.

My lease on the current car is expiring in mid-may. Hoping Tesla will be able to fulfill my original order by then.

Can you get leases on Tesla’s? We like getting a new ride every couple or three years max.
I wouldn't recommend leasing a Tesla. The money factor is substantially higher than what you would find with other manufacturers. Given the incredible residual value across the entire line, I would (this is actually what I'm doing) purchase with a loan (paying only slightly more than you would for a lease) and sell your car when you're ready for the next. Your cost of ownership will be drastically lower than if you were to lease. For reference, the Model 3 Performance leases at about $1k/month for a 3-year, 10k mile lease. A loan with the same amount down will run around $1100/month -- with a residual value of around 70-75% for the MYP after 3 years your effective monthly cost of ownership (inclusive of an amortized downpayment/tax/title/delivery) lowers to about $900/month.

I did the same thing. Had a white on white AWD with 19" wheels with FSD ordered from last April. Decided to change the color to Blue on black, realized that I would have to pay an extra $990, so I just created a second order on Feb 27th thinking I'll take which ever comes first. The blue on black one confirmed today, so I cancelled the white on white. I haven't received my money back. But it wasn't complicated at all to cancel.

I did the same thing. Had a white on white AWD with 19" wheels with FSD ordered from last April. Decided to change the color to Blue on black, realized that I would have to pay an extra $990, so I just created a second order on Feb 27th thinking I'll take which ever comes first. The blue on black one confirmed today, so I cancelled the white on white. I haven't received my money back. But it wasn't complicated at all to cancel.

Is your Blue on Black a Performance ? If not, what wheel size ? Does it say "Prepare for delivery" or it is asking for Registration/Payment info ?