Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ordered 7/12, delivery 7/26

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Build: Long Range AWD, Midnight Silver, Towing pkg, Induction wheels, White interior.

I was expecting 4-8 weeks and was planning to use that time to sell my Model X for a decent price. Guess I have to reconsider Carvana, Vroom, etc.

Questions about delivery:
Where do I find the VIN? I looked in my Tesla account. I can see the order, the delivery date, but no VIN.

Just in case there are a lot of QC issues, what is the process for rejecting the car?

I’m a little concerned that I’ll get someone’s rejected MY.

Well, you probably are. Does not mean it is a bad car, maybe rejected due unrelated to quality reasons. Make sure you examine the car BEFORE you give them a check and accept delivery. Otherwise, it will become YOUR problem.

I did. It said my Tesla is on its way to the delivery center and provided a link to schedule delivery “by this afternoon.”

I’m new around here and am not sure what that is. I have a Motor Vehicle Order Agreement. That has my reservation number. No VIN.

Go to your account, your reservation and on the right side, you will see MVPA. Open it and you will see the VIN. You should also see the vin just on the order page. Search for VIN

Go to your account, your reservation and on the right side, you will see MVPA. Open it and you will see the VIN. You should also see the vin just on the order page. Search for VIN

Thank you for this advice. I still can’t see MVPA anywhere but I found the VIN in a “My Car” menu on the top right of the page (mobile website). VIN is 257XX.

Thank you for the advice about inspecting the vehicle before accepting and paying. Will be sure to do that. If there are too many problems, is rejecting the vehicle as simple as telling them we won’t accept it in the condition it is in? Not looking to reject just want to be prepared for all outcomes.