Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ordered a model Y today.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello Tesla Motor Club members, I just placed an order for a Model Y. Agonized whether to opt for FSD or not... but after reading many revIews and watching lots of YouTube videos decided to go for it. With with the looming price increase for FSD tomorrow I thought what better way to make a quick $2K ;-)

That is the config I had. I popped in my initial order 9/12, filled out finance a few days later and didn't get vin until about a week ago. I would make sure all your finance stuff is in. Fingers crossed vin should.come up soon.

I’m waiting for my Model Y which I ordered 9/12. No VIN yet. What I saw when I ordered my 3 at the beginning of the year is that Tesla is focused on meeting quarterly sales figures. There are exceptions, but they tend to fill European and east coast orders at the beginning of the quarter. Middle of the country next. And those of us in the western states tend to see their cars at the end of the quarter. I am glad I missed the Q3 deliveries. I am hoping my build will come with the laminated glass and quieter heat pump.

I’m waiting for my Model Y which I ordered 9/12. No VIN yet. What I saw when I ordered my 3 at the beginning of the year is that Tesla is focused on meeting quarterly sales figures. There are exceptions, but they tend to fill European and east coast orders at the beginning of the quarter. Middle of the country next. And those of us in the western states tend to see their cars at the end of the quarter. I am glad I missed the Q3 deliveries. I am hoping my build will come with the laminated glass and quieter heat pump.

That's a great theory except the Y isn't being sold in Europe until 2021.