Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ordered my (our) Roadster!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nice! Good color choice ;) Looks quite different with the amber interior...(I have black interior).

btw. I'm thinking about getting the black wheels (I have standard silver wheels ath the moment). but the forged silver ones look great too...

attachment.php?attachmentid=1509&d=1301082997.jpg

attachment.php?attachmentid=1669&d=1303571259.jpg

Last edited:
Not sure whether black really does absorb more heat but it feels hotter (we are in Florida after all!), so we went for the all 'tan' interior. Oddly, the online Tesla design studio showed this combination as not available(?).

Setting up the bluetooth for my phone was a PITA, but thanks to all those who went before me and I found all the answers on the forum.

Been cruisin' and experienced my first "Tesla Time" discussion outside the hardware store. :biggrin:

Now got the sat radio working, phone book installed; discovered that the Alpine unit seems to be defaulted to red theme on the screen, but has different options - I customized it to the blue theme as that seems to coordinate with the car.....drove around some more.....what a fun waste of a day.... :wink:

Last edited:
DZCPA, may I ask when you placed your order (I guess, when you signed the preMVPA)? We're waiting and I'd like to have an idea of your wait time. Also: was your car built to spec or were you lucky enough to find one part-built with the features you wanted?

Thanks in advance!

Ordered car to spec January 6th and told them I wanted April 16th as pick up date. They could have built it a little bit sooner.

Slackjaw... yet another sad tale of a guy gone completely insane waiting for his Roadster...

Ha ha! Just as we - that's me-and-my-Wife, not me-and-the-voices-in-my-head - decided to not check the production status ever again, ours changed! Paint factory! Woo hoo!

I knew my Lucky Tesla Pyjamas* would pay off!

*(OK, a Tesla T-shirt and Southpark pyjama bottoms)

I'm still sane. And no, I won't tell you that I've developed a song consisting of a two word lyric about my Roadster.

Um, how does it go?

oh I'm so glad I'm not the only one that posts pictures of an outlet :). Congrats!

You were when you started the craze! So far I think there are three of us. Just watch it take off, it will be the new "planking". :crying:

(Makes it seem a little more real, doesn't it?)

The socket is a lot bigger than I expected (opposite from the Roadster in that respect), but yeah. It sort of sunk in for us when we really cleared the garage last weekend. For a couple of days we parked the CR-V off to one side but the gaping Roadster-shaped hole next to it was too much to bear, and we just park in the middle now.

The whole status-refresh/google-for-news/check-message-boards is now built into my DNA and has become a bit surreal - for the first and probably last time in my life, my hunger for information actually exceeds what the Internet can provide.

Earlier today I even caught myself showing a genuine interest in hybrids. :scared:

Yes! Finally! Unbelievably!

We picked up #1329 from the Manhattan showroom yesterday at 6 pm and immediately went to dinner, leaving the hours-old car parked on Park Avenue! I think I ran out 3 times to check it was still there. Then a bit of pothole-dodging on the FDR; my wife was actually driving the Roadster and I was behind in our CR-V. At one point a Prius pulled up alongside the Roadster and looked like the driver had wound the window down to yell something. On the FDR! Anyway that was just before a small hill, which the Roadster didn't even notice and which left me & the Prius struggling and falling behind.

I've done a few really great drives in the car already, although this afternoon I think I almost caused (?) an accident because a lady was staring at the car, not at the road as she pulled out into traffic. I heard a screech of tires and saw an almost-crash in the rear view mirror. But I think they were OK.

Anyway I now have what feels like blisters on my hands from gripping those two little bumpy bits on the wheel, plus foot ache from the juice/regen joy. Fantastic.

IMG_1765.JPG
IMG_1763.JPG
IMG_1764.JPG

All the info gleaned from this forum has been very useful; thanks everyone!

Reactions: AtAge19
... I now have what feels like blisters on my hands from gripping those two little bumpy bits on the wheel,...
I never liked those things for that reason. Eventually got used to them.

edit to add (E2A)
When I first got the car I would get calluses from the stitching on the inside of the steering wheel. Painful.

Last edited:
Congratz Slackjaw. The combo black with silver wheels looks really nice. Why did you took this config instead of going all black with the black wheels?

Thanks - the reason I didn't like the black is that in England while I was growing up, often cars would have silver hub caps and really cheap looking black wheels underneath them. Then the hubcaps would fall off (usually from taking a corner too tight and clipping the inside kerb) and the driver would not bother to replace it. Occasionally kids would steal hubcaps from nice cars too as souvenirs. So just for me the black wheels remind me of that, and I couldn't go with them.

Thanks for the compliments... Next stop, Lightning Green for you!

You'll need to "nip this in the bud" of course...:biggrin::wink:

We picked up #1329 from the Manhattan showroom yesterday at 6 pm and immediately went to dinner, leaving the hours-old car parked on Park Avenue! I think I ran out 3 times to check it was still there. Then a bit of pothole-dodging on the FDR; my wife was actually driving the Roadster and I was behind in our CR-V. At one point a Prius pulled up alongside the Roadster and looked like the driver had wound the window down to yell something. On the FDR! Anyway that was just before a small hill, which the Roadster didn't even notice and which left me & the Prius struggling and falling behind.

I've done a few really great drives in the car already, although this afternoon I think I almost caused (?) an accident because a lady was staring at the car, not at the road as she pulled out into traffic. I heard a screech of tires and saw an almost-crash in the rear view mirror. But I think they were OK.

Anyway I now have what feels like blisters on my hands from gripping those two little bumpy bits on the wheel, plus foot ache from the juice/regen joy. Fantastic.

View attachment 1989View attachment 1990View attachment 1991

All the info gleaned from this forum has been very useful; thanks everyone!