Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ordered My X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Awesome. I’m going through a credit union. I like to work with my bank. Also a little better interest rate.

Only problem I have is Tesla doesn’t have a window sticker for the Model X. Which I find a little weird. My bank was asking for that and purchase aggrement.
Very nice.

Interested in hearing how your deliveries go. I get mine still on the 26th it appears.

Awesome. I’m going through a credit union. I like to work with my bank. Also a little better interest rate.

Only problem I have is Tesla doesn’t have a window sticker for the Model X. Which I find a little weird. My bank was asking for that and purchase aggrement.

you get the window sticker when you take delivery of the car. I think its weird your bank is asking for that sticker. They're obviously unaware of the fact that all teslas are priced the same.

• Disagree
Reactions: jboy210 and Varmint
@Varmint any reason you're disagreeing with my post?

A] this tesla owner has taken delivery of a tesla. like any new car you buy, the window sticker comes with the car.
b] it's weird that a bank asks for a window sticker because that has never been reported here on the forums before and many of us have bought cars without window stikcers.
c] every single new tesla on tesla.com is priced the same. Not even employees get discounts (only on leases). Discounts exist for inventory models and used cars, but not new cars.

so everything i said was factual. if you want to go around trolling, have fun.

Reactions: bergdd
Ok guys I just picked up my car and I have never seen this bad vehicle delivery. First they called me earlier today, my scheduled appointment was at 6.30 and they told me I had to come before 5pm. They said they couldn’t deliver that late which is weird to me my DS scheduled this last week. Pass that I said ok I will be there.

I got to Tesla and they told me the car is getting supercharged and ask me to be waited. Than a gentleman from solar power department told me he was going to deliver my paperwork while the car is supercharging. He asked me if I have seen the car yet. I said of course not. Than he takes me to service center while going there we passed by the actual delivery area where they had 2 model 3 and 1 model x waiting. My car was in the back at the service area. He asks me to check out the car I see some spots he had the wash guy come by and touch up the car. One trim between fwd and back was not alined right I pointed out and there was a chip on paint I pointed that out and also the frunk was not aligned good the gap on the right to left was not the same. They told me to take pictures and report the issues to Tesla which I think that shouldn’t be me reporting they should right this stuff down and take care of it. Other than that car is great.

Overall delivery experience was really poor. Car was and inside detail is terrible. I would have expected to have someone walk over and explain a little bit about the car but pretty much they were like sign the paperwork give us the check and take your car.

One more thing was the fwd wouldn’t open all the way and the guy was like it’s because the vehicle inside the warehouse than we took the car outside still wouldn’t open. He did a hard reset still wouldn’t open and I told the guy there has to be a setting inside the car which I find out that also. Thanks to the forums I learned more stuff here than the Tesla ppl at delivery.

Finally I took the car and left the dealership.

Here’s a picture. I will have more pictures later.

Thanks

Attachments

• 1517CBCA-DF8D-412F-9CE3-C4C2533C26A2.jpeg
    1517CBCA-DF8D-412F-9CE3-C4C2533C26A2.jpeg
    480.5 KB · Views: 58
  • D189E142-8E3B-45B0-ACE3-0FF27A2EF58E.jpeg
    D189E142-8E3B-45B0-ACE3-0FF27A2EF58E.jpeg
    654.1 KB · Views: 53
  • Informative
Reactions: Sean Wagner
The FWDs don't open all the way if they have seen an obstruction, such opening them inside. Even if your drive 10 feet (nose 4 feet outside) away our of your garage, it may not open all the way because it has not changed it's location enough. I have to put my car 15 feet away from my garage to get the FWD to open all the way.

They will open further at 10 feet away, but not all the way. If I hit the open button again they will open all the way.

@Volki @drray81

Have you guys gotten your Model Xs yet? I go get mine in an hour. Curious what you guys thought.
Yeah i picked mine up yesterday. Similar experience to @Volki. had an appt at 530, they called me at 11am and asked me to come earlier. appt at 4. show up at 4. waiting room full of people waiting for delivery. 30 minutes later a guy comes and says your car is charging and he's getting paperwork ready. takes me back and hands me a stack of paperwork to sign. i refuse since i haven't seen the car. he shows me the car for no more than 30 seconds and says "good?" reluctantly i sign the paperwork. then i finally get a minute or two to look the car over. a few paint chips inside the door frames, rear "tesla" applique not seated properly and needs to be replaced. huge greasy smude on the white of the driver door panel. panel gaps are "ok" not perfect but acceptable. FWD i feel overclose a touch but i don't know if iwant them to mess with it because it's better than the other X's i saw. also when i spoke to DS i had the performance pedals ordered and they were supposed to have them installed prior to delivery so i had to wait for them to do that. the car is acceptable, compared to the stories i've read, but the delivery process was bad, really bad, rushed, no QC. they need to alot more time and perhaps a set protocol to familiarize the vehicle to the customer and help answer any questions and basic setup.

• Informative
Reactions: Sean Wagner
Yeah i picked mine up yesterday. Similar experience to @Volki. had an appt at 530, they called me at 11am and asked me to come earlier. appt at 4. show up at 4. waiting room full of people waiting for delivery. 30 minutes later a guy comes and says your car is charging and he's getting paperwork ready. takes me back and hands me a stack of paperwork to sign. i refuse since i haven't seen the car. he shows me the car for no more than 30 seconds and says "good?" reluctantly i sign the paperwork. then i finally get a minute or two to look the car over. a few paint chips inside the door frames, rear "tesla" applique not seated properly and needs to be replaced. huge greasy smude on the white of the driver door panel. panel gaps are "ok" not perfect but acceptable. FWD i feel overclose a touch but i don't know if iwant them to mess with it because it's better than the other X's i saw. also when i spoke to DS i had the performance pedals ordered and they were supposed to have them installed prior to delivery so i had to wait for them to do that. the car is acceptable, compared to the stories i've read, but the delivery process was bad, really bad, rushed, no QC. they need to alot more time and perhaps a set protocol to familiarize the vehicle to the customer and help answer any questions and basic setup.
Agreed

So today I took off work early and went home and washed the car so I could really go over it and found several dull spots on the hood. The biggest about 4in round and about 4-5 other 2 in round dull spots. An another on the driver fender. It appears to be on the surface. Im going to my ppf installer and hoping he can polish them out. And clear bra over it. If not we won’t wrap it and I’ll make Tesla fix it. Still like the car but disappointed with these cosmetic defects

So today I took off work early and went home and washed the car so I could really go over it and found several dull spots on the hood. The biggest about 4in round and about 4-5 other 2 in round dull spots. An another on the driver fender. It appears to be on the surface. Im going to my ppf installer and hoping he can polish them out. And clear bra over it. If not we won’t wrap it and I’ll make Tesla fix it. Still like the car but disappointed with these cosmetic defects
Who is your installer