Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ordered MYP on 4/29/22. Got my mobile connector on 5/7/22

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After years of hard work and a stride of good fortune, I can finally order my dream car, and my first new car. To my dismay, this aligned with the announcement that the mobile connector would no longer be included. What I did not realize is that I scheduled my test drive on the first day that the mobile connector would no Longer be included. Oh well, I will swallow the price I guess. I couldn’t in good conscious order the car before I test drove it, however, had I known that 4/28 would have been the last day I could get the mobile connector for free, I would have absolutely ordered before the test drive.

The mobile connector is listed as available between June and august. This delay was listed at the time of order. I didn’t really buy the “we are no longer including this because customers don’t often use it” line, because clearly people are trying to buy extras of these. Like, there is a demand because its out of stock, right?

Well much to my surprise, my mobile connector arrived! I am pleasantly surprised. And it included the NEMA 14-50 adapter! But my car isn’t ready until July 27th - September 7th. I am ecstatic and pleasantly surprised that Tesla followed through and delivered the promised NEMA 14-50 plug. But… I am shocked that I got the adapter more-or-less immediately. That doesn’t make any sense considering the delays on the vehicles, and the delays on the adapters themselves prior to them no longer being included.… Like. Why did I get this so early, and with the promised adapter?

Attachments

• A92808D2-9D46-49AC-A532-AF017BAFE084.jpeg
    A92808D2-9D46-49AC-A532-AF017BAFE084.jpeg
    415.9 KB · Views: 156
  • 35316875-72BC-473C-BF56-D87123B816AF.jpeg
    35316875-72BC-473C-BF56-D87123B816AF.jpeg
    410.7 KB · Views: 68
  • CC7A35A6-708F-4BD9-ADA8-070333F650F6.jpeg
    CC7A35A6-708F-4BD9-ADA8-070333F650F6.jpeg
    382.9 KB · Views: 65
They set expectations low so people will be surprised when they show up early. It would be interesting to see if orders through the store ship out as fast or if orders with cars are prioritized.
Yeah, that's my question, too. Since it's been pretty much continuously out of stock, it would appear they are prioritizing customers with car orders, which is a good thing.

To the OP - congratulations on your dream car! Like many companies, Tesla is having supply issues and I suspect they are simply shipping them out as they become available, since that's the easiest way to ensure people get them. Coordinating delivery of linked but separate items in the face of shortages becomes a logistical nightmare.

That what I was told, place your order for a new Tesla, add the EVSE and they will ship it so you have it before the car arrives. But no one I talked to could pin point exactly when the EVSE will ship but supposedly we’ll before the delivery date.