Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ordered Nov 2, LR AWD, Deliver Jan 2019!?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As the title says, I ordered a week ago on Nov 2. Today there was a "Done" button on the "prepare for delivery" page, and I pushed it. I think I did that before... I also called a couple days ago and was told that things are in motion and I just have to wait.
Now there is the text "Estimated delivery by Jan.'19" on the "prepare for delivery" page. I read here about people that ordered in Nov and received their car in Nov. There is also no more edit link to change my configuration.
I guess at this point I can't cancel the order without losing my $2500 down payment. And if they don't deliver before January I also get only half the tax credit.
Does anyone have something that could improve my mood?

Mine says the same thing. I'm also in CA. My order date was 11/6. I had filled everything out online, but didn't notice I needed to scroll to the bottom to click submit. Does my process start when I placed my deposit and ordered, or when I fill out everything and click submit?

Now there is the text "Estimated delivery by Jan.'19" on the "prepare for delivery" page.
This is materially different than it saying "estimated delivery Jan. '19" or worse "delivery Jan '19."
You'll get your car by 12/31...sleep well.

To help your comfort level with data, you may want to filter the info in the attached link because it will give you a keen sense of where your order is in the queue, relative to other participants' orders.
Teslike Model 3 Order Tracker #3

Actually you don't pick up you car at the factory which is on the east side of 880, instead the Delivery Center is on the west side of 880 in an office park area on Fremont Boulevard. Very close to the factory but not the factory. Don't go to the wrong location and be late for your pickup. When you get your final delivery info, double check the address of the delivery location they give you.

Reactions: lensovet
Mine says the same thing. I'm also in CA. My order date was 11/6. I had filled everything out online, but didn't notice I needed to scroll to the bottom to click submit. Does my process start when I placed my deposit and ordered, or when I fill out everything and click submit?

If you haven't submitted the order to them don't see how they would know you were ready to order. Or are you talking about the documentation/payment steps? If the later then I'm not sure. From what we lived through and what I've seen with others they won't prepare the purchase documents until you have the title info, trade in, payment info finalized on your end. Those usually aren't prepared until a week or so from delivery date as I recall because the VIN likely won't be set in stone until then (in case for some reason they need to assign another VIN--car not ready, damage discovered, delivery issues to delivery center, etc.).