Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ordering TM3 in other EU now possible

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After this, few hours later, good news from Tesla Munich: „We got new info, we can return VAT“!

After your previous comment, I also wrote them an email and got the same information as you did!

Now there is almost no more need for waiting for local delivery, distances in EU are not so big that they would be an obstacle. You just need about 10k€ for a few months to cover the VAT until it is returned.

Good luck everyone :cool:

After your previous comment, I also wrote them an email and got the same information as you did!

Now there is almost no more need for waiting for local delivery, distances in EU are not so big that they would be an obstacle. You just need about 10k€ for a few months to cover the VAT until it is returned.

Good luck everyone :cool:
So they just called me, super helpful and asked, if I want to order immediately :))))

Tesla requires this documents for VAT return:

a. Copy ID of the customer
b. Signed Confirmation of Arrival)
c. Copy of the car registration papers in the country of destination.
d. Signed copy of the transport documentation (‘CMR’) showing the car has been transported to the country of destination, if any.
e. Confirmation that VAT has been paid in country of destination (customs or tax office document).
f. Customer bank information for the refund payment

B2C sells from Tesla should be without problem. Are there any business customers (EU without Germany) who ordered from Tesla Germany?

Tesla requires this documents for VAT return:

a. Copy ID of the customer
b. Signed Confirmation of Arrival)
c. Copy of the car registration papers in the country of destination.
d. Signed copy of the transport documentation (‘CMR’) showing the car has been transported to the country of destination, if any.
e. Confirmation that VAT has been paid in country of destination (customs or tax office document).
f. Customer bank information for the refund payment

B2C sells from Tesla should be without problem. Are there any business customers (EU without Germany) who ordered from Tesla Germany?

Thanks! Probably ordering tomorrow. Not sure what b and d are, rest fully understood!

Unfortunately, the above mentioned newly opened process works only for B2C - i.e. end customers.

If you want to purchase Model 3 on behalf of a EU company (i.e. B2B), they still refuse to deliver it in Germany and you have to pick it up in Tilburg. You also pay about 5000 EUR more, so no German prices, the price is as for Other Europe (Poland, Hungary, Romania, Slovenia) and you have to wait for the delivery to some point in the 2020 (not specified when).

So the present situation is no victory for the people having businesses in Other Europe, they can’t get the Tesla Model 3 yet.

Unfortunately, the above mentioned newly opened process works only for B2C - i.e. end customers.

I put an order as B2B. I heard also something in this direction. Try it, fill the order, put you VAT-ID in the address field. Don´t ask them anything. If it is not possible, they will cancel the order. What can you lose?

I wish you good luck BB27. Unfortunately, there are quite a few reasons, why this will not work just with the EU VAT ID filled in the address field. For example there are intra EU VAT reports which have to be sent correctly from both parties of the contract. Anyway, let us know, if you succeed or not ;-).

I got in contact today with Tesla Munich and talked with them in German.i was born in Germany.i asked if i can get VAT return after i prove that i payed in Greece.
They said if the purchase of the car is private of for business. For me of course it was private use and then they send me above mentioned 6 documents required for VAT return in Germany.

I made the order of Model 3 today and told them i can take delivery in november.
Will update here as process continues

and of course i used renatomik's referral link...
he was the first to start all this and made it easier for us.so big thanks!

Reactions: BB27 and renatomik
@chriskirza , @Lukas99 congratulations to both of you. And thanks for using my referral link. I just saw yesterday that the supercharging miles(kilometers) are now double!

And I just got an email from Tesla yesterday, asking for import papers, returned them immediately, and got reply that it will took them 2-3 days to process it and than will inform me when they will transfer the money. Yaay
You need proof of registration, proof of paying local VAT, your personal ID document, bank account details and the attached document. I believe this document is valid in Austria, so for German orders they will send you the right one.

Attachments

• Anhang 5 Innergemeinschaftliche Lieferung.pdf
    42.3 KB · Views: 82
To anyone that bought Tesla from Germany: What about Umweltbonus? Did you need to give it back?
So now, 9 days from delivery and after having paid everything according to order agreement and final invoice, Tesla Munich calls me that I do not qualify for the 2000EUR umweltbonus and that I would need to pay that amount more still. There are now discussing how to deal with it internally. Anybody here having already taken delivery from DE and with umweltbonus price reduction reflected in final price? Thanks, urgent!!!