Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ordering TM3 in other EU now possible

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It is the same in Austria.
Because I was not entitled to their umweltbonus, they will reduce the returned VAT by that amount.

It is not good, but it is expected. You get the incentives from your county, and it would not be right to get incentives from 2 countries

i will take delivery in november. what a bummer about this 2000 euros.
i hope you can get it figured out.
Now i am worried that they will also contact me about this .....:(
So now, 9 days from delivery and after having paid everything according to order agreement and final invoice, Tesla Munich calls me that I do not qualify for the 2000EUR umweltbonus and that I would need to pay that amount more still. There are now discussing how to deal with it internally. Anybody here having already taken delivery from DE and with umweltbonus price reduction reflected in final price? Thanks, urgent!!!

I ordered on the 10th of September and have the same delivery date as you. I got notified that the umweltbonus is not applicable to me but nothing after that. I am planning to make a full payment of the invoice on Monday and will proboably just pay 2000 eur extra as I really do not want anything to go wrong with the delivery.

p.s. The delivery is on a Saturday and there is no chance of getting export plates on that day. Are you aware of that? Im still a little curious about the whole export plates deal hence I am comming to Munich early morning on Friday.

I ordered on the 10th of September and have the same delivery date as you. I got notified that the umweltbonus is not applicable to me but nothing after that. I am planning to make a full payment of the invoice on Monday and will proboably just pay 2000 eur extra as I really do not want anything to go wrong with the delivery.

p.s. The delivery is on a Saturday and there is no chance of getting export plates on that day. Are you aware of that? Im still a little curious about the whole export plates deal hence I am comming to Munich early morning on Friday.

I already received updated invoice, with 2300 EUR incl VAT to be paid as a compensation for the umwelt bonus. If I do not pay they will not give me the car despite I have zero balance on the final invoice and papers are on the way. They say I am free to cancel and other customers are waiting in the line. I am really pissed but I if I took at Other EU prices, even including this extra payment, the car will come cca 5k EUR cheaper. Other EU pricing is a total rip off.

With regards to delivery of the car and the plates... I checked with local registration office that if I have the COC doc, invoice, conformation from tax office that I paid the VAT and the green card, they will register the car and give me the plates and the car does not have to be physically in the country yet. Tesla sent the registration docs to me via UPS and the tracking says that by end of day Monday, the papers should reach me. So the schedule is very tight. What is your delivery time? Mine is 11:30, we should be coming Friday afternoon to Munich.

I already received updated invoice, with 2300 EUR incl VAT to be paid as a compensation for the umwelt bonus. If I do not pay they will not give me the car despite I have zero balance on the final invoice and papers are on the way. They say I am free to cancel and other customers are waiting in the line. I am really pissed but I if I took at Other EU prices, even including this extra payment, the car will come cca 5k EUR cheaper. Other EU pricing is a total rip off.

With regards to delivery of the car and the plates... I checked with local registration office that if I have the COC doc, invoice, conformation from tax office that I paid the VAT and the green card, they will register the car and give me the plates and the car does not have to be physically in the country yet. Tesla sent the registration docs to me via UPS and the tracking says that by end of day Monday, the papers should reach me. So the schedule is very tight. What is your delivery time? Mine is 11:30, we should be coming Friday afternoon to Munich.

Why 2300? Isnt the umweltbonus 2000 eur? Totally agree about the other EU prices. Even without the umweltbonus the car is much cheaper than in the rest of the EU.

ok - so you will bring the plates from you country? That is not possible for us, since we first have to pass homologation and pay local VAT which takes about a month. Also our temporary plates are not valid outside of Slovenia and We have to buy the German export plates. My delivery is at 13:30.

Why 2300? Isnt the umweltbonus 2000 eur? Totally agree about the other EU prices. Even without the umweltbonus the car is much cheaper than in the rest of the EU.

ok - so you will bring the plates from you country? That is not possible for us, since we first have to pass homologation and pay local VAT which takes about a month. Also our temporary plates are not valid outside of Slovenia and We have to buy the German export plates. My delivery is at 13:30.

2000 is excluding VAT. It is actually 2380 EUR. grrr

Hi everyone,

A two years+ reservation holder from "Other Europe" here too ;) I have been reading this very useful thread, thank you for sharing!! I'm considering ordering through Germany too. Called Tesla Berlin, the call was great, representative said he will come back with more details, but after this positive initial response have been extremely unresponsive (silence for weeks even after sending "reminders"). I did get the following details:

Right now you can only order and contact the German authorities by your own in regards to a VAT refund.

Not encouraging that they are not cooperating on VAT return and forwarding that to "German authorities". Could someone share how did you manage to get the VAT back from Tesla in Germany?

I am really pissed but I if I took at Other EU prices, even including this extra payment, the car will come cca 5k EUR cheaper. Other EU pricing is a total rip off.

I'm really curious on this point, how do you get this kind of price difference? Here's my comparison:
- Germany base price for SR+ € 44,370 (with German VAT and processing fees) + € 2,380 (environmental bonus with German VAT that we are not eligible for) = € 46,750 + add a few percent more, because most likely your VAT is bigger than Germany's 19%
- Poland base price for SR+ € 39,500 + € 880 destination & doc fee = € 40,380 + 21% VAT (as an example) = € 48,859

So, that's roughly 2k EUR more, not 5k EUR. What have I missed? Thinking whether to jump on the VAT-maddness train or wait ten more years until they open the configurator to our, by Tesla, even "more other" EU country :D

Thanks!

Hi everyone,

A two years+ reservation holder from "Other Europe" here too ;) I have been reading this very useful thread, thank you for sharing!! I'm considering ordering through Germany too. Called Tesla Berlin, the call was great, representative said he will come back with more details, but after this positive initial response have been extremely unresponsive (silence for weeks even after sending "reminders"). I did get the following details:

Not encouraging that they are not cooperating on VAT return and forwarding that to "German authorities". Could someone share how did you manage to get the VAT back from Tesla in Germany?

I'm really curious on this point, how do you get this kind of price difference? Here's my comparison:
- Germany base price for SR+ € 44,370 (with German VAT and processing fees) + € 2,380 (environmental bonus with German VAT that we are not eligible for) = € 46,750 + add a few percent more, because most likely your VAT is bigger than Germany's 19%
- Poland base price for SR+ € 39,500 + € 880 destination & doc fee = € 40,380 + 21% VAT (as an example) = € 48,859

So, that's roughly 2k EUR more, not 5k EUR. What have I missed? Thinking whether to jump on the VAT-maddness train or wait ten more years until they open the configurator to our, by Tesla, even "more other" EU country :D

Thanks!
Lukas is probably talking about LR-D version. As line waiter from 30.6.2016, I am very happy with my SR+ ordered in Austria 1.7.2019, picked-up 12.9.2019 in Vienna and finally got License plates in Slovakia 30.9.2019 :)

Lukas is probably talking about LR-D version. As line waiter from 30.6.2016, I am very happy with my SR+ ordered in Austria 1.7.2019, picked-up 12.9.2019 in Vienna and finally got License plates in Slovakia 30.9.2019 :)

Nice! Congratulations!! Actually, it's really useful information, as I'm looking at maps now and see that Tesla Vienna is only +100 km compared to Berlin from my bird's nest, also flights are good to Vienna :)

Please share what you had to go through to get it, like:
  • Did they prepare export plates for you or you had to go around and search where to get them on your own?
  • Have Tesla Vienna returned VAT for you or you had to go through some Austrian finance institution? I assume you had no need to go through EU commission to sort it out?
Best wishes!

Nice! Congratulations!! Actually, it's really useful information, as I'm looking at maps now and see that Tesla Vienna is only +100 km compared to Berlin from my bird's nest, also flights are good to Vienna :)

Please share what you had to go through to get it, like:
  • Did they prepare export plates for you or you had to go around and search where to get them on your own?
  • Have Tesla Vienna returned VAT for you or you had to go through some Austrian finance institution? I assume you had no need to go through EU commission to sort it out?
Best wishes!
I prepared export plates from Slovak company (Hungarian plates should be accepted in Austria, 60 eur/day). I know that @renatomik managed Austrian transport plates in Vienna (around 300 eur/3 days?).
Tesla Sales Advisor asked me about VAT return to send him docuemnts, mentioned by @BB27 on page 3 of this thread. So I sent documents on Monday but without respond yet.

@renatomik: Have you already got VAT refund?

Congratulations @renatomic ! Would you please share this representative’s email, so we could contact a person familiar with the mattter. In contrast with your representative I have not heard back any good news from Tesla Berlin.
I dont want to share private mails to everyone, first suggestion is to call nearest store, if the first person does not know, talk to the store manager there. As I have heard all store managers in AT and DE got this instructions already.
If your answer will still be negative, write me a private msg and I will send the email

Ordered from Romania LR model 3 with a price of 68,200 EUR (Romanian VAT included). Same configuration on Germany site is 66,820 EUR (enviromental incentive excluded) and I will pay 1,380 EUR more.
My delivery will be apparently in Tilburg on an invoce without VAT and I have to arrange tranportation myself.

Did anyone ordered from Europe Other and personally picked up the car from Tilburg to drive it home? What about exporting the car, transit registration plates, insurance, etc ?

@whocares037 it’s great that you got an invoice without VAT. Not so, that the price is higher.

I recently called Tilburg and they replied that there’s no option to buy the car from them as my country is not in the webpage even if the orders are opened up in neighbouring country. Discrimination continues to thrive ;) Also, tried to call Vienna few times and they are not even picking up the phone.

@whocares037 it’s great that you got an invoice without VAT. Not so, that the price is higher.

I recently called Tilburg and they replied that there’s no option to buy the car from them as my country is not in the webpage even if the orders are opened up in neighbouring country. Discrimination continues to thrive ;) Also, tried to call Vienna few times and they are not even picking up the phone.

You can buy Tesla without VAT from german dealers. Try this one, I know few people in Romania bought from them already : e-cars4you – e-cars4you. The cars are new but with 100-200 km so Tesla considers them second hand, otherwise a 3rd party dealer cannot sell them.
It is probably less hassle to buy like that that from Tilburg, especially if Lithuania is not on Tesla website.

The dealership buys the car from Tesla on a private owner, adds a mark up and then sells it to people like us. Just imagine a pickup in a Tesla store and drive it on autoban to the dealership can easly give you 200 km on odometer. Their interest is to keep this card brand new.
I have contacted them myself as probably I will get a cheaper car by 1000 eur comparing to Tesla Tilburg and I can get delivery myself without the hastle of all the unknown factors at the Tilburg factory (VAT security deposit, delivery date, license plates, insurance, etc).