Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Orientation Volunteers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That kinda makes sense, but what could actually happen if they do this? One of the people tries to sue for pay and everyone just laughs?

At no time was anyone required, or even asked, to assist with these deliveries so i'm not sure what could come of this. There's no way a lawsuit would win, because if it did you'd suddenly see people start showing up to random businesses and start 'working', even though no one asked or agreed to pay them, and demand something in exchange.

The action would come from the department of labor, and it’s to protect the actual employees. By getting cult members to work for free, they devalue the actual paid workers. “Oh we don’t need to hire more people. Look at all these volunteers!”

Now think about the people who are looking for paid work. Maybe tell them about how you’d rather do the job for free than let them get paid to do it.

That kinda makes sense, but what could actually happen if they do this? One of the people tries to sue for pay and everyone just laughs?

At no time was anyone required, or even asked, to assist with these deliveries so i'm not sure what could come of this. There's no way a lawsuit would win, because if it did you'd suddenly see people start showing up to random businesses and start 'working', even though no one asked or agreed to pay them, and demand something in exchange.
As long as they aren't calling us "volunteers" and if we aren't actually given tasks they will be able to steer clear of that. I'm sure they are treating it more like a meet and greet event. We aren't volunteering, we are showing up to talk to other car owners.

Reactions: Garlan Garner
The action would come from the department of labor, and it’s to protect the actual employees. By getting cult members to work for free, they devalue the actual paid workers. “Oh we don’t need to hire more people. Look at all these volunteers!”

Now think about the people who are looking for paid work. Maybe tell them about how you’d rather do the job for free than let them get paid to do it.

This is ridiculous.

I can volunteer to work wherever I want.

And if I owned a company.....no one can force me to pay my workers if they don't want compensation.

The DOL isn't even going to be there.....I assure you.

Which is why I don't even know why the DOL is being discussed.

This thread started off great.....talk about crashing a party.....
I worked so hard to help deliver those model 3's, despite the lack of 6 cupholders .... so I'm cancelling my order right after II volunteer next weekend as well.

Thanks for the DOLabor reference, I hadn't considered all of my options.

Reactions: P85_DA