Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Orientation Volunteers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Twitter

I'm just wondering what other manufacturers are thinking right now.
Probably sticking their fingers in their ears and loudly yelling "la la la I can't hear you".

But remember folks, don't pay attention to Ford ending car production altogether, it's Tesla that will be out of business soon.

I just came from Westmont Il service center.

I was told that Saturday would be a great day for me to come help as they have over 100 cars scheduled to deliver that day.

They are preparing for a mad house.

They only have 4 delivery spots. I don't know how they are going to do it, however if I can help.....then I will.

Yeah when I took delivery, there was a Performance Model 3 in front of me and that guy was going over his car with a fine toothed comb, which is fine but when my delivery appointment was already 45 min late, I found myself wishing for twice the delivery bays.

I just came from Westmont Il service center.

I was told that Saturday would be a great day for me to come help as they have over 100 cars scheduled to deliver that day.

They are preparing for a mad house.

They only have 4 delivery spots. I don't know how they are going to do it, however if I can help.....then I will.

My delivery advisor at the Fremont center said that on a Saturday they will deliver anywhere from 350-400 cars. Insane. 100 cars in a weekday.

Wow, look at this deliveries ramp up to end of Q3. It's going to be a ludicrous quarter.

upload_2018-9-24_22-3-29.png

Technically Tesla cannot accept volunteer help. As a for profit company, they have to pay for time worked.

That kinda makes sense, but what could actually happen if they do this? One of the people tries to sue for pay and everyone just laughs?

At no time was anyone required, or even asked, to assist with these deliveries so i'm not sure what could come of this. There's no way a lawsuit would win, because if it did you'd suddenly see people start showing up to random businesses and start 'working', even though no one asked or agreed to pay them, and demand something in exchange.

Technically Tesla cannot accept volunteer help. As a for profit company, they have to pay for time worked.

Well then I won't do any "work".

I will just hang around helping my new EV family understand all of the features of my P3D+ and answer any questions they might have about their pre-delivery car....even to the point of getting in their car with them - and showing them what Tesla might show them during their delivery time.

Then if they want to go and sign some papers with Tesla for some random reason....then that's their prerogative.

Then... Ill ..rinse.....and repeat.....

(hmm I wonder what the anti-work police will look like)