Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Our 7-Year-Old Hopes His “Tesla Flat Stanley” Can Visit Every Supercharger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We are on our way to meet up with @myfastlady in Hawthorne, CA who is finishing up the first trip on the electric highway using super chargers only. We saw your son's project and decided to print out flat Stanley and bring him along. The first picture is taken at the SC in Tejon Ranch in Lebec, Ca and the second one is at the SC in Hawthorne, CA. We hope to pass Flat Stanley off to @myfastlady so he can go with him on the last leg of his journey.
Dropbox - Photo Jan 25, 11 39 56 AM.jpg

Dropbox - Photo Jan 25, 2 09 44 PM.jpg

So, first the business of the thread:
Hagerstown.jpg

First time posting a pix so hope you can grab it. Let me know if you want me to email it to you.
Ben, Bill, Tony and Flat Stanley at Hagerstown MD.
Unfortunately what you can't see is that my dirty green girl is sandwiched between two pristine white MS's. While mine's just under 2 months old, Ben's is less than a month old and Tony just got his 3 days ago. Both were using a supercharger for the first time and this was my second site.

Fun day of Tesla camaraderie. On the way to the SC, a pickup paces me in the passing lane. I finally look over and the husband and wife both give me the thumbs-up as they pull ahead. I return the favor. I think that was my first.
I was the only car at the supercharger and after connecting an SUV pulls up and drops the window. Husband and wife start talking about how nice the car is and asking questions about cost and who pays for the electricity. The husband indicates that he was responsible for making the electric connections to the site and I shook his hand and thanked him for his work.
Tony pulls up and we both go to get a bite at the food court. Interesting selection, with a french macaron(cookie) shop right in the middle. I had to get some to take home. Chat with Tony for the 30 minutes it takes him to get topped off then part ways and walk back to the car. On the way out of the lot, spot Ben turning in so had to turn around to get the group Flat Stanley photo as Tony hadn't left yet.
Then as we're having our picture taken, another SUV drives by and takes a picture of us having our picture taken.
Thanks for letting us contribute to the project.

Attachments

• Hagerstown.jpg
    Hagerstown.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 403
Last edited:
I met fellow Arizona Tesla owner Larry Rogoff at the Quartzsite Suercharger on Friday. He loaned me his Flat Stanley and we took him to Kingman.

Thanks, matthelm. Larry is a great guy -- I'm certain it pained him deeply to part with his Flat Stanley, but it was for a good cause. Thank you for the photo. Page 1 of the post has been updated with your photo credit.

@Half Dollar Bill, thanks to Ben, Bill & Tony. The photo is perfect, and the original post has been updated to give you photo credit. (Well, one of the three of you; let me know if I need to correct it.)

- - - Updated - - -

@v12 to 12v and @ItsNotAboutTheMon
I checked the (very long) thread on TeslaMotors, and I saw one photo of Flat Stanley, but I didn't see where that was. Did I miss something in the 12-page thread?
???

- - - Updated - - -

We are on our way to meet up with @myfastlady in Hawthorne, CA who is finishing up the first trip on the electric highway using super chargers only. We saw your son's project and decided to print out flat Stanley and bring him along. The first picture is taken at the SC in Tejon Ranch in Lebec, Ca and the second one is at the SC in Hawthorne, CA. We hope to pass Flat Stanley off to @myfastlady so he can go with him on the last leg of his journey.
Dropbox - Photo Jan 25, 11 39 56 AM.jpg

Dropbox - Photo Jan 25, 2 09 44 PM.jpg
My apologies. I missed this critical post. Now I get it.
@johnanniegibson, I'll update the list on page one of this thread with your post shortly. Brilliant idea to pass Flat Stanley along. Very much appreciated.

Page 1 list of Super Chargers has been updated.

Last edited:
I just drove from Champaign IL to Minneapolis MN on superchargers. The temps were in the single-digits, and the wind was gusting to 45mph, so, needless to say, I could not stand outside for very long, and Flat Stanley had a mind of his own with the wind. I didn't see another living soul at any of my stops either (everyone is a lot smarter than me apparently). Anyway, here is the product of my meager efforts in no particular order. I hope you can use them...

Lacross, WI:

IMG_5268.jpg
IMG_5269.JPG

Mauston, WI:

IMG_5266.jpg
IMG_5263.JPG

Rockford, IL:

IMG_5251.jpg
IMG_5248.jpg

Normal, IL:

IMG_5244.JPG
IMG_5243.JPG

Madison, WI:

IMG_5257.JPG
IMG_5254.JPG

Monsoon, my son thought Flat Stanley is a great idea. Here is Waco, Texas Supercharger in the Collin Street Bakery parking lot earlier today.
IMG_9309.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

Such a nice day, we thought we'd cruise over to Corsicana, Texas Supercharger. It is also in a Collin Street Bakery parking lot. Good Luck with your son's project. Let us know how it goes. Interested in his report, too.
IMG_9316.JPG

Oh, now if I had known that we could take Stanley anywhere, I would have taken him along with the small SV TMC contingency that went to see Star Wars exhibit at the Tech Museum last weekend....