TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Our Sea-to-Shining Sea Itinerary for TMC Connect: Who wants to meet us or join us?

Discussion in 'TMC Connect' started by artsci, Jun 9, 2015.

Tags:
  1. delanman

delanman DESpaceX

Rick and I will be leaving Hagerstown around 8:30 the morning of July 4th. Join us for a photo of the two car convoy!

We'll be sporting some of the graphics from our @TeslaRoadTrip 2014 trip and a new map built for this year's run. We'll also be using our now-standard rally numbers.

Screen shot 2015-07-01 at 5.43.48 PM.png

Hope to see you somewhere on the trip.

Watch for our tweets... we'll be glomming on to #drivefree and tweeting as often as possible.

2. andrewket

andrewket Well-Known Member

Have fun guys. I wish I could join both of you.

3. JPP

JPP Active Member

Safe trip--see you here at TMC Connect.

4. CatB

CatB Member

See you all in 9 days - safe and happy roadtripping!!

p.s. LOVE the graphic, maybe next year... fwiw, I will be taking my future co-pilot out to an empty parking lot on Friday morning to teach her how to drive (starting with the Prius :), so I'm really, really working to make it happen!!

5. pox

pox Member

Looks like a blast! I am trying to find a way for me to make it down from Wyoming. If I end up going I might see you along the way.

6. Shawn Snider

Shawn Snider Member

This looks like such an amazing event! I hope to join you guys ASAP!

7. eujinc

eujinc Member

You guys have a safe drive. We are in Rapid City now. Drive was good. Not sure which route you guys are taking but we passed a number of highway construction in OH, MN & SD. Certain segments have one side of the interstate closed so traffic is sharing one side with single lanes per direction. But speeds were still relatively high. It rained quite a bit in the mid-west segment. Love the 80 mph limit out here.

IMG_8573.jpg

8. NJ Plugin

NJ Plugin Member

Safe travels

Ditto here...wish I was driving again this year. (Maybe next year...is it too early to start to plan?)

Have fun guys, see ya on the left coast in about a week.

9. andrewket

andrewket Well-Known Member

I'm not even attending the conference this year :(. There is a small chance I could drop in for a few hours, but I didn't see the point in that.

10. delanman

delanman DESpaceX

Thanks for all the good wishes. Eujinc, we're taking the northern route so your traffic warnings will come in handy.

11. JPP

JPP Active Member

...love the license plate...

12. artsci

artsci Sponsor

Thanks eujinc. Great photo.

California bound early tomorrow am. When we get to Denver we're stopping for lunch at Kimbal Musk's restaurant, The Kitchen. Probably the closest we'll get to Elon on this trip:)

13. artsci

artsci Sponsor

Bedding down for the night in Maumee, Ohio after four Supercharger stops. It was a great day -- very little traffic, thankfully. We and the dogs are having great fun.

14. eujinc

eujinc Member

Thanks. It was my wife's suggestion after a few quick launches when we first got the car. It was also the name of the nemesis in Iron Man 2 (which Elon played a cameo) and so we brought a mini Whiplash with us on this trip.

At the Worthington, MN supercharger ...

IMG_8432.jpg

15. eujinc

eujinc Member

Are you still getting into Denver on the 7th? We are heading to Denver tomorrow and will spend a few days in Granby but will be in the Denver area on the 7th.We spent today in Mt. Rushmore and Sylvan Lake in Custer State Park. Spectacular scenery. IMG_6927.jpg IMG_8962.jpg IMG_8953.jpg

16. artsci

artsci Sponsor

Yes, Denver on the 7th, coming from Lusk Wyoming on the way to Green River Utah.

17. Denarius

Denarius Active Member

I'm consider meeting up with you from SLC Utah on, but I have my factory tour Friday at 1:30pm. Based off of your schedule what time would you roll into Fremont?

18. adiggs

adiggs Active Member

Looks like you Photoshopped that pic @eujinc. Amazing.

19. Nosken

Nosken Member

Do you have an ETA for Rocklin?

20. Kraken

Kraken Member

Check your pm... I also asked about the rocklin area...