Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Outdoor pad size for (2) powerwalls

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My install is coming up and the (2) powerwalls for my system will be outside on the side of the house. To maintain the asthetic that I'm looking for I want to get conduit run and a pad placed where the powerwalls are going to be prior to install so the installers don't just use whatever is on their truck.

What size pad would be needed for (2) powerwalls? Also, are there any clearance requirements for them? (for example, needs to be at least X inches clearance all around, or minimum X inches from the front, side, etc)

Going for something similar to this.
powerwall on pad.jpeg

why do you want them on pads? Just let its 'hang' on the wall a few inches above ground..and then have conduits run under them to 'hide' them as much as possible. I have attached my install outside..even though I am in Southern CA (L.A.) that area of house is always shaded...

Attachments

• pw2.jpeg
    pw2.jpeg
    93.9 KB · Views: 90
I know that usually there needs to be 3 feet in front of any electrical panels. I’m not sure if the powerwall counts as an electrical panel or not. But I worry that the 36” you have between the wall and the AC won’t be enough to meet code.