Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Over charging problems

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have my charge limit set to 80%, but the car is consistently charging to 90%. It hasn’t stopped once at 80% since I changed my charge limit from 90 to 80. I scheduled a mobile service in 2 weeks. But I wondered if anyone else had this issue or knew how to fix it.

I wouldn't call for service until I deleted the app from my phone and reinstalled it. I'd also perform a hard reboot of the car by pressing the brake pedal down and both scroll wheels until the screen blacks out. I had a problem with my passenger side windows not working. Soft reboot didn't remedy it. Hard reboot solved the problem.

I wouldn't call for service until I deleted the app from my phone and reinstalled it. I'd also perform a hard reboot of the car by pressing the brake pedal down and both scroll wheels until the screen blacks out. I had a problem with my passenger side windows not working. Soft reboot didn't remedy it. Hard reboot solved the problem.
Tried all of that and still not working right.

I scheduled a mobile repair last night and I just received a software update. I wonder if that’s a coincidence or by design? Currently installing 2021.32.21

Wait… now it’s done with 2021.32.21 and installed 2021.36.5.1