Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Overheat protection with AC option off, air throughput?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My car is currently charging L2, 93F outside (Denver), and sun beating down on it -- reflective sunshade inside for windshield, keeping sun from beating down on the tablet. I have overheat protection on with A/C option off to avoid wear & tear on A/C. Interior is 119F according to app, and the overheat protection fan is on trying to keep it from getting hotter than that. Question: with fan on bringing in air from outside, how does air exit the car, other than the small nooks and crannies? Seems like pressure would build up in the car, which might be bad for the fans pushing against that pressure. Or does the fan system have some exit area for the hotter air to leave?

There are cabin vents under the rear bumper. All cars have some variation of this.

40DB4060-C34A-4B52-8340-4FBA5D831C1F.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: shrspeedblade
You got to remember that cars should be built to handle these temperatures. There are areas of the country for which these hot temperatures are normal, so don't get so upset if it is abnormal for your area. If I could count the number of times that the news does the "frying an egg" thing......

I don't believe that the intent of circulating the air is to get new air in the car (and hence exit), it's to circulate the air in the car so that the much warmer air near the roof is circulated into those areas with shade and cooled.