Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Owners delivery stories, photos and first impressions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah I agree. I am thinking of cutting a piece of plywood (or MDF) to fit over the pit in the back. My greyhound is ~65 pounds and has very small feet. When I end up driving to Charlotte with her in the back I think some more substance will be in order. Then cover it up the whole back with a 'playpen' to keep the hair in check.

Does anyone have an idea of how much weight can be put on top of that cover without it buckling or breaking? I have heard that a case of water (6 x 1 gal bottles) should be ok, but I wonder if Tesla has given a maximum weight it can support.

Oh my god, New York State roads suck fat smelly balls, dipped in wet watery festering sh**!

Front Left Wheel:
photo 1-1.JPG

Rear Left Wheel:
photo 2-1.JPG

….sigh

Going 55 mph on the Palisades Parkway, at odometer 301, I slammed into a 8 inch deep ravine in the middle of the road. The car in front of me completely lost a tire and I had to help him replace it (my car just wobbles above 30 mph). I called the police to notify them. I'll deal with my insurance tomorrow. I called Tesla in CA (here in NY they're closed already) and asked if they had two 21" wheels & tires (both wheels and tires on the left side of the car are ruined); they were awesome checking inventory and sending an urgent notice to the service center to prep two for me so that I may drive in and drive out Friday ASAP. Tesla service truly rocks.

I gotta say though, I'm glad this happened on the way home from my joyride through the Bear Mountain back roads. The Model S is extremely tight on the windy roads. I'm so extremely impressed.

What an amazing car…

Caption for this last photo: I don't need your smack!

photo 3.JPG

------------
No idea why that last image is duplicated nor why it's upside down.. I can't seem to edit it out, as it doesn't show up in the edit window..sorry

Attachments

• photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    216.8 KB · Views: 1,602
It is good you notified the police, not only for the safety of other motorists, but to have a record of the event if you pay some sort of insurance deductable. I don't know who you would contact because of where this happened, but you may be eligible for compensation. Perhaps you can start your research by asking police. I say you may be compensated because in NYC, for instance, if a pothole damages a wheel or a tire the city will compensate you.

Oh my god, New York State roads suck fat smelly balls, dipped in wet watery festering sh**!

Front Left Wheel:
View attachment 17434

Rear Left Wheel:
View attachment 17435

….sigh

Going 55 mph on the Palisades Parkway, at odometer 301, I slammed into a 8 inch deep ravine in the middle of the road. The car in front of me completely lost a tire and I had to help him replace it (my car just wobbles above 30 mph). I called the police to notify them. I'll deal with my insurance tomorrow. I called Tesla in CA (here in NY they're closed already) and asked if they had two 21" wheels & tires (both wheels and tires on the left side of the car are ruined); they were awesome checking inventory and sending an urgent notice to the service center to prep two for me so that I may drive in and drive out Friday ASAP. Tesla service truly rocks.

I gotta say though, I'm glad this happened on the way home from my joyride through the Bear Mountain back roads. The Model S is extremely tight on the windy roads. I'm so extremely impressed.

What an amazing car…

Caption for this last photo: I don't need your smack!

View attachment 17437

------------
No idea why that last image is duplicated nor why it's upside down.. I can't seem to edit it out, as it doesn't show up in the edit window..sorry

UGHHHHHHH - I knew I should have bought the 19" wheels. That's the only problem in the NE. Potholes sneak up on you and it's took late to avoid them. Looks like I will be purchasing a set as a back up. Aluminum rims are nice and light but suck with potholes.

Your car looks confused sitting in front of that gas pump... But in all seriousness that sucks man. I hope you can get back on the road today with some new wheels and tires.

So, let me tell you how AWESOME Tesla service is:

Accident happened late Thursday night. Around 10 PM California time, I called Tesla HQ and they dispatched an urgent email to several service centers near NYC (where I live) to confirm they have inventory of 2 wheels and 2 tires.

Friday morning (today) I get a call from the Queens Service Center (nearest to me) that they have them, that they'll mount and balance the wheels for me now, and that I may roll in any time today to swap out the wheels (~30 minutes). Further, they'll let me drive home without paying for them, and offered to deal with my insurance directly (a long process of paper work).

...Loving Tesla more and more each day!

Are you filing with regular insurance or you have special tire and rim insurance?
So, let me tell you how AWESOME Tesla service is:

Accident happened late Thursday night. Around 10 PM California time, I called Tesla HQ and they dispatched an urgent email to several service centers near NYC (where I live) to confirm they have inventory of 2 wheels and 2 tires.

Friday morning (today) I get a call from the Queens Service Center (nearest to me) that they have them, that they'll mount and balance the wheels for me now, and that I may roll in any time today to swap out the wheels (~30 minutes). Further, they'll let me drive home without paying for them, and offered to deal with my insurance directly (a long process of paper work).

...Loving Tesla more and more each day!

It falls under regular collision...

Are you filing with regular insurance or you have special tire and rim insurance?

- - - Updated - - -

Congrats! From which dealer/service center?? Take pics!!

Wow!! Sorry about the tires. Good luck with the insurance.

I drive on the Palisades to/from work sometimes. Will have to watch those roads.

Am taking delivery of my S tonight. :cool:

It falls under regular collision...

- - - Updated - - -

Congrats! From which dealer/service center?? Take pics!!

If it falls under collision doesn't that mean you have to pay your deductible? Is it worth going through your insurance?? Tesla should contract with a tire insurance company
to provide insurance. I paid $900 for my 650i and it was great. I spent over $5,000 in Rims and Tires over a 5 year period. Did you tires blowout? If not, your lucky!

Exactly why I downgraded from free 21"s on a P85 to 19" tires as I can confirm that roads around NJ and NY are *NOT* maintained and are in really really poor conditions. Sometimes takes a few years before they'll fix a major pothole *if* they ever decide to fix them. The small ones simply don't get fixed whatsoever.

Do you live in Westchester? If so - we need to get all us fellow Westchester Model S Owners together for a meet-up!

I do. Probably will not be able to get out until mid-Spring due to travel. Interestingly enough, while dirving this morning I spotted another MS. Appears the owner had just taken delivery because I recall the same vehicle color lined up last night at the mall.

I do. Probably will not be able to get out until mid-Spring due to travel. Interestingly enough, while dirving this morning I spotted another MS. Appears the owner had just taken delivery because I recall the same vehicle color lined up last night at the mall.

Iz

Where did you see it and what color was it?

Aaron