Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Owners Manual crashes Tesla's computer

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Haven't seen this bug yet. Let me know if it's something known. When I try to open Software -> Owner's Manual and open anything in it, I see no manual, but instead the screen freezes and the AC starts to blow at full speed. Two-button reset or existing and closing the car help. I reproduced this several times. Basically, I can't open the Owner's Manual at all, and it crashes the computer. Am I alone?
Nope mine just started 👍

Haven't seen this bug yet. Let me know if it's something known. When I try to open Software -> Owner's Manual and open anything in it, I see no manual, but instead the screen freezes and the AC starts to blow at full speed. Two-button reset or existing and closing the car help. I reproduced this several times. Basically, I can't open the Owner's Manual at all, and it crashes the computer. Am I alone?
I've seen it as well. I used a voice command to bring up manual and I was able to look/page through it for about 15-20 seconds before the screen froze and the car tried to freeze me by blasting the A/C full bore.

You are not alone...

• Funny
Reactions: Matsayz
got my new model Y an hour ago and this is happening to me. What can I do?

Enjoy one of the "perks" of Tesla ownership. They give you stuff, they break stuff and they take away stuff. I liken it to owning a classic British sports car.

I'm sure you could put in a service request, but I'd bet reasonable money Tesla is already aware of the issue. I'm sure it's prioritized to get fixed, but heaven knows where on that priority list it is.

I could reproduce this freeze for a good solid month in my LR Y...until approximately a week ago and now I have no problems bringing up and navigating the Owners Manual. I wish I could pin it to a particular incremental update as I have had a couple in that span. Had also obviously done the hard reset procedure each time it happened.

Had it just an hour ago for the second time! Model Y picked up 2 days ago. Two days, two reboot, same reason. I will avoid the manual in car for now. Not a good experience for the new users who need the manual most! BTW, how to force reboot the computer? I tried multiple times to press both buttons for 10 sec but had to suffer AC blowing for several minutes. Am I too impatient and should just wait when car went black screen?

I experienced the same issue on Monday, June 7, 2021.