Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Owning a Tesla in a state with no Serivice Centers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am looking to order a Tesla Model 3, and I am wondering how getting your car serviced works when I live in Oklahoma, and the closest service center is 3 hours away.

I know they can do a lot remotely, but I am sure it will need to go in for service sometimes. Will they come get it? would I need to take a day off and bring it down to dallas myself since they aren't open on the weekends? Will they give me a loaner car? Just not sure how that would all work.

Thanks

We have 3 service centers here in Arizona, the nearest of which is 3 hours from me. It isn't too bad, just plan on spending an entire day for simple fixes or getting a rental car for multi-day fixes. If I were 5+ hours away i may have second thoughts.

The service centers here still have loaners, but they do run out of them at times and put you up in a rental if you're under warranty. Out of warranty they issue $100/day of Uber credit, which doesn't generally do those of us who live hours away much good. I just got my S out of service and paid $47 to rent a Nissan Sentra for 2 days from Enterprise. So if you're out of warranty and are willing to drive an economy car, the rental expenses aren't bad. We live outside of Tesla's Ranger service area, so they won't even come out this far. If you're in a more urban area, they will be more likely to make the trip for things a ranger can handle.

I am looking to order a Tesla Model 3, and I am wondering how getting your car serviced works when I live in Oklahoma, and the closest service center is 3 hours away.

I know they can do a lot remotely, but I am sure it will need to go in for service sometimes. Will they come get it? would I need to take a day off and bring it down to dallas myself since they aren't open on the weekends? Will they give me a loaner car? Just not sure how that would all work.

Thanks

There is precious little service to be done on any Tesla. I've had two Model Ses, and a Model 3, total of over 200,000 miles on them all. NEVER any service. I did have one repair once when my Sig had door handle issues, but it was fixed free at my convenience. I wouldn't even think about not owning one of these cars because a "service" center was only 3 hours away.

• Informative
  • Disagree
Reactions: HarleyW and mrau
There is precious little service to be done on any Tesla. I've had two Model Ses, and a Model 3, total of over 200,000 miles on them all. NEVER any service. I did have one repair once when my Sig had door handle issues, but it was fixed free at my convenience. I wouldn't even think about not owning one of these cars because a "service" center was only 3 hours away.

Very good to know!! Thanks!!

These are just so different :)

After 75,000 miles my S has been to the service center for:

• Alignment - Nobody locally seemed to know how. - WARRANTY, 2 hours in the shop
  • Door Handle Replacement - $250, 4 hours in the shop
  • Window Regulator - $310 - Rodent Damage to Wiring Harnesses - $850, 2 days in the shop.
So after 2 1/2 years of ownership, I've spent 4 days dealing with the service center. Not too bad. I'm just glad I always have Fridays off so I don't have to take time off from work (except for those darn rodents).

But does mobile service come to your area? You should rarely ever go in to service. Not having local service was one of the reasons I held of purchasing as long as I did. But the few times I've needed something mobile service was able to take care of it.

Definitely find out if you're in the mobile service zone. I have to assume that these days almost everyone is.
I'm 90 minutes away from a service center and I have my first appt coming up for a door sensor issue....in Boston. I think I will reschedule lol. Mobile said they can't fix it.

I live in a state with no service centers. I needed mobile service for minor warranty issues twice and the service was fantastic. Great communication from the mobile service team who came and fixed things right at my house in a matter of minutes. Better by far than any other car service experience I have had.

I live in a state with no service centers. I needed mobile service for minor warranty issues twice and the service was fantastic. Great communication from the mobile service team who came and fixed things right at my house in a matter of minutes. Better by far than any other car service experience I have had.

Similar situations. I’m in a dead zone for physical service. One of the reasons I held off purchase as long as I did. I had a reservation for first Model S as well as day one AM on Model 3. And almost for Y. I never took any.

When I needed things I was give appts for mobile service. They weren’t immediate appts like same day or anything that I always got with or luxury brands but reasonable. Additionally I would get calls shortly after making appt typically and they would say we can come today or tomorrow if that works better. Most times they were there 10-15. Called before arriving. Answered all my questions. We’re pleasant and helpful.

Your mileage may vary.

The service center in Tulsa is open and the new Service Center in downtown OKC is almost open. It's at the old Volvo dealership location at 1125 N. Broadway. I just drove by this morning. All the signage and furniture is installed and the inside looks almost ready. I know they already have the loaner vehicles in town as the mobile service guy said he was keeping one at this house.

For most things, the mobile service will come to you unless it's something big. Charlie is a great guy. He installed my Homelink.

Yes, they come to Norman from what I understand.

Update: The Oklahoma City Service Center is having a soft opening for employees only next week. You can schedule actual appointments in the app now. The first available is February 15th. I'm guessing that's the opening date as well. it's located at 1125 N. Broadway Ave, Oklahoma City, OK 73103. No phone number yet and it's not on the Tesla map yet.

So now Oklahoma has two service centers, neither of which is a delivery center . . . .yet.

Update: The Oklahoma City Service Center is having a soft opening for employees only next week. You can schedule actual appointments in the app now. The first available is February 15th. I'm guessing that's the opening date as well. it's located at 1125 N. Broadway Ave, Oklahoma City, OK 73103. No phone number yet and it's not on the Tesla map yet.

So now Oklahoma has two service centers, neither of which is a delivery center . . . .yet.

Awesome!! I am glad to hear that, as I have ordered my Tesla and it should be here next month!!! :)