Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P3+ Time for new tires. Suggestions?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking for suggestions in new tires for my OEM 20” wheels.

let’s hear them!

In your neck of the woods with no winter to speak of Michelin Pilot Sport 4S is hands-down the best Road tire ever made and not by a little. If you had to deal with snow and only maybe a little bit of snow I'd go with the Pilot Sport All Season 3+. If you decide to replace the current Pilot Sport 4S make sure you get the Tesla spec version of that tire. Its usefully a little bit wider, probably a little bit quieter, and probably a little bit longer wearing. If you check out the information on the spec sheet you'll see that the Tesla spec 235/35 is actually wider than any 245 / 35 PS4S and about as wide as an average of all the available 255 / 35s.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: bcpm3p
see much delta from Pilots? In perfect weather of Phoenix?
I'm staying away from those things in the vegas summer.
Is that the track pack wheel set in your picture?

I am tempted to try some cheapo tires this round. Not tracking just commuting and lots of 0-60 in 3.2s...

I get 3.02 - 3.05 with 1ft rollout on the OEM continental all season tires all day long on the street.. 19" stealth p3. It's 3.21-3.25 without rollout. Don't think you need a stupid expensive set of tires to do that.

Am also in Vegas and dealing with the heat.

I'm staying away from those things in the vegas summer.

I get 3.02 - 3.05 with 1ft rollout on the OEM continental all season tires all day long on the street.. 19" stealth p3. It's 3.21-3.25 without rollout. Don't think you need a stupid expensive set of tires to do that.

Am also in Vegas and dealing with the heat.

The car isn't traction limited- so better tires aren't for acceleration improvements- they're for handling and stopping-distance improvements.

(pretty big ones- roughly 20ish feet from the Contis to the PS4s for example from 60 mph, over 30 feet from the OEM MXM4s)