Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P3D- range?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
These videos look related:
https://www.teslaadviceblog.com/blog/model-3-tips-main-screen-odometer-trip-meter-and-tire-pressure

I can't speak for the blog or the videos (didn't even watch them), but the stills shown on the main page show the left and right views in that area when you swipe.

Got it, thanks! Had the swipe Left, but not the next set, swipe up after the swipe left. Didn't know there was a page two under these three windows... :oops:

Edit: Running around 240 wh/mi - lifetime; that's with ~800 miles on the odo.

Thanks for the info everyone. It appears that P3D- isn't quite as efficient as I'd hoped. I'll have to take that into consideration if I decide to upgrade. I thought the 18" wheels and the aeros would make more difference.
It's the same Wh/m as the AWD. If you want performance, but don't need AWD, you don't have much of an option. The AWD gets 310 Rated miles, and if you can stick around 240, you're fine there. But are you saying you want performance without sacrificing the miles? if so, then you're stuck with RWD.

With 22k miles I'm at 253Wh/m average. Its 238Wh/mile over the last 9k miles and 18" MXM4 tires. That's probably right around the 310 mile rated range. The most I've used in one stretch is ~ 300.

I run winter xIce tires and go skiing a lot during the winter so that hurts the average range.

242 avg for 12,000 miles.
I keep the aeros on.
I keep the tire pressure high.
I coast in neutral a lot. (I've done that with every car but this one coasts exceptionally well!)
I keep it in sport, and do punch it sometimes (not very often).
I live in a mild climate (Oregon coast), and keep AP at 58 mph when cruising the boring stretches of country road.
On the winding roads I'm fast, very fast. I keep the car light, drive mostly alone (weigh 190).
Anyway, probably more info than you want, but I think I can keep the 242 wh/mi going indefinitely this way...

Brand new 18" MXM4 tires on my P3D+. I'm up to about 300 miles at around 254 Wh/mile average. My daily drive is closer to 235-240 but I turn on the heat occasionally. I was at 275 Wh/mi average with 15,000 miles on my 20" PS4S.

What is not the same?

This is response to a dated comment from you from mid-2019. At that time the AWD and the Performance were no longer the same. And they are not the same now. Different rear inverter/drive unit. But pretty sure your original comment was in the old context (2018 through early 2019) when all those vehicles (P with aero and AWD) were the same vehicle.

Now, the EPA raw efficiency data is different between the two (though the P 18" gets voluntarily reduced significantly to match the AWD).