Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P3D with Performance Upgrade and Black Interior status

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got the following email in response to my inquiry about why the delivery was next weekend when a VIN isn't even assigned yet.

"We have a vehicle for you that is ready to go. Your VIN will not appear on your Tesla account under after we schedule your delivery"

This doesn't sound like it's normal where the car was build for my reservation. Or at least it's a lot different than my experience when I ordered a Model S

Instead it's like it was a car that someone else canceled or changed configuration on at the last minute. That wouldn't be too surprising as I'm sure a fair amount of people are torn on what they want. The other possibility is they just do batches, and nothing gets assigned till delivery is scheduled.

Of course there is also the fear that it was a reject.

I got the following email in response to my inquiry about why the delivery was next weekend when a VIN isn't even assigned yet.

"We have a vehicle for you that is ready to go. Your VIN will not appear on your Tesla account under after we schedule your delivery"

This doesn't sound like it's normal where the car was build for my reservation. Or at least it's a lot different than my experience when I ordered a Model S

Instead it's like it was a car that someone else canceled or changed configuration on at the last minute. That wouldn't be too surprising as I'm sure a fair amount of people are torn on what they want. The other possibility is they just do batches, and nothing gets assigned till delivery is scheduled.

Of course there is also the fear that it was a reject.
What is your config? I'm assuming P3D w/ PUP and Black Interior, based on this thread?

Seems chaotic over at Tesla production. Could it be this simple?

Production manager is excited, cranking out seemingly all variants of the P3D cars. Someone with a clipboard walks up to them and whispers. “We forgot to run some of these black interior cars that are fully loaded “

“Oh sh*t! We better switch over!” He/she replies.

Someone, somewhere in production has the power to pivot interior color. Also, someone in this forum probably has the resources to find the person with the clipboard. : D

I think it’s time... they have been drafting our contracts for nearly 2 months now.

Seems chaotic over at Tesla production. Could it be this simple?

Production manager is excited, cranking out seemingly all variants of the P3D cars. Someone with a clipboard walks up to them and whispers. “We forgot to run some of these black interior cars that are fully loaded “

“Oh sh*t! We better switch over!” He/she replies.

Someone, somewhere in production has the power to pivot interior color. Also, someone in this forum probably has the resources to find the person with the clipboard. : D

I think it’s time... they have been drafting our contracts for nearly 2 months now.
Who has the right contacts to make this happen?

Reactions: jbcarioca
Who has the right contacts to make this happen?

Let’s find that person. Tesla isn’t reading this thread and if they don’t hear us, it’s business as usual. I called customer service- “it won’t be long.”

“You don’t understand. It has been, and it’s the only car outside of the 35k car you haven’t built.”

I’ll continue to try and encourage others to do the same. This thread is meaningless for getting answers, we need to go deeper. Thanks everyone!!

Shouldn’t everyone just tweet at Elon about why he has forsaken all us owners,line waiters, and chronic website reloadeds who are ponying up for fully loaded configs just because he wants to differentiate the P models from the regular models with the white interior? I was a line waiter (number five on line at century city) and an owner and I managed to order on june 26th within the first ten minutes of config going live and I’m super disappointed in the way they’re treating me. Feels like I wasted a lot of time trying to be first only to be set aside by Tesla because I didn’t order 1500 dollar seats when I ordered literally everything else. I’m pretty sad about this process.

You guys are funny... I've called and the rep was either just agreeing with me out of petty for wasting her/my time or she really knew that black seat P3D's were not being built yet. She was not sure when and said as long as my edit button was there I can press it and make any adjustment I wanted, including adding white seats. With two kids I'm not going to get white and potentially add extra work for myself to keep them clean.

If you guys think they are not making tactical decisions about what they are building you are crazy. I want my car too and I am sure there are people that have been waiting an I, but Tesla has to make decisions about what they build from a very difficult position. I am right there with you thinking that these decisions seem irrational from a profit standpoint, but they have a lot to think about and I am sure they are making decisions from a higher level than we are thinking. There is a lot at play here and I would be very surprised if they don’t have very intelligent people making manufacturing decisions.

Also Elon give me my car already.

I know it seems like ages ago - but they JUST added P3D- with white interior, didn't they? I know because that's what I was waiting for - and it seems like I waited forever. Maybe they need a little time to get the now 3 P configurations humming before they add he 4th?

It does seem like the site changed... At least from mobile point of view. What is it that updated for you guys? Mine has this "prepare for delivery" information thing.. But that's it. Edit button still present

Screenshot_20180817-082559.png

Reactions: Bimbels