Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P3D with Performance Upgrade and Black Interior status

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Delivered! Only one small alignment issue between the passenger side quarter panel and the bumper. They took it back into the shop and popped the bumper off. It's closer, but not perfect. I'll see how much it bugs me.

Otherwise, perfect delivery! For the record, Monday morning at the Fremont delivery center is dead. Definitely a good time to go.

Called Tesla today and got my VIN! Unfortunately, according to their tracking, the car is still in Cali... So it'll be a while before I see it in Florida. Still, it's a step forward. Here's my summary for those interested

First day in line waiter
Configured June 27
MSM, P3D+, ETC
VIN: 73xxx

What prompted you to call them? What did you ask them when you called? Debating just calling them at this point... but half expecting them to just be like yep, you don't have a VIN, we will let you know when we have one for you, quit tying up our line.

What prompted you to call them? What did you ask them when you called? Debating just calling them at this point... but half expecting them to just be like yep, you don't have a VIN, we will let you know when we have one for you, quit tying up our line.

I am not saying this is the reason, but I called them and asked if I could get a tighter window for delivery instead of by October, since I had some business travel coming up in Sept. and Oct.. They said I don't have a VIN so there is no way they can give me a more specific day or window. They transferred me to another department ( I believe it was inside sales). They told me the same, no VIN, can't tell you anything. Next morning, I got an email saying we are ready to schedule your delivery and in less then a week is my delivery after that call.
Again I am not saying this is the reason, I might have gotten lucky but I don't think it hurts to call them once, be understanding that they are really busy dealing with very excited customers that are looking for answers all day long, some who feel they are entitled to an answer because they are buying an expensive car.

• Informative
Reactions: Mayhem