Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P3D with Performance Upgrade and Black Interior status

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm back to "by october" as well. I wonder if tesla rolled back their server data due to the issues they were having...

Anybody NOT get set back to "by Oct. 18"?

This wait and saga is seriously starting to affect me, especially with Elon running his mouth on twitter, killing his own stock price and affecting many of our investments in Tesla on a whim... *Lets go Private! *Lets stay Public!. I used to hold Elon in a much higher regard in the past and held him up as a hero of sorts, I wanted to give Tesla as much money as possible to help them achieve their mission; I probably would have just done AWD Non-P, but wanted to help Tesla achieve their goals so I put more $$ down. But days like today I feel like just cancelling (I won't of course... I still believe in the mission) but I'm starting to wonder if all of this is worth the stress being jerked around like this.

Reactions: NickHoffmann
I'm back to "by october" as well. I wonder if tesla rolled back their server data due to the issues they were having...

Anybody NOT get set back to "by Oct. 18"?

This wait and saga is seriously starting to affect me, especially with Elon running his mouth on twitter, killing his own stock price and affecting many of our investments in Tesla on a whim... I used to hold Elon in a much higher regard in the past and held him up as a hero of sorts, I wanted to give Tesla as much money as possible to help them achieve their mission; I probably would have just done AWD Non-P, but wanted to help Tesla achieve their goals so I put more $$ down. But days like today I feel like just cancelling (I won't of course...) but I'm starting to wonder if all of this is worth the stress.

I thought you got yours?

Love that you are getting yours... No ill will meant your way, but why someone who reserved years after me and configured after me with my exact same build and who lives further away is getting theirs before I have heard a peep from Tesla; I have a hard time understanding. Guess they just had more trucks going to Chicago????
Looks like end of quarter strategy. Ship and schedule more-distant deliveries early enough to complete by end of quarter. Then less-distant deliveries. California is last to notify since delivery is so rapid.

Suspect a lot of Texas deliveries will break loose in coming weeks. That’s several truckloads of revenue ready to be recognized after only a few hours of administrative effort per vehicle.

Look at Model S delivery thread to see the pattern. Includes same cries of frustration from West Coast at this part of the quarter.

Update: I took the advice to just call Tesla and get status and I’m glad I did.. I’ll make this quick: Saturday my edit button was gone and I was able to enter loan and trade-in info. Note, at this time I have not been emailed or contacted by Tesla. Bank asked me for a Tesla contact to finalize loan details so I called Tuesday and sure enough the rep said I had a VIN and status shows ready for transport.. also noted that I was assigned a delivery advisor and was surprised I hadn’t heard from him yet. So - he sent my DA an email and said I should from him in 24 hrs. Long story short - just call!

Looks like end of quarter strategy. Ship and schedule more-distant deliveries early enough to complete by end of quarter. Then less-distant deliveries. California is last to notify since delivery is so rapid.

Suspect a lot of Texas deliveries will break loose in coming weeks. That’s several truckloads of revenue ready to be recognized after only a few hours of administrative effort per vehicle.

Look at Model S delivery thread to see the pattern. Includes same cries of frustration from West Coast at this part of the quarter.
Dear God I hope you are right!

Received an email on Tuesday to prepare for delivery and got a call yesterday saying my car was going to be delivered at the nearest center today. After talking with the delivery advisor, sounds like they’re only willing to hold the car for ~week; otherwise, they’ll want to reassign me a new car which could take 4-6 weeks, but the advisor did say it would be “much faster” than the quoted 4-6 weeks. Sadly, I am probably going to have to opt for a new vehicle since my trade in offer from Tesla is very low and my financing hasn’t been squared away. Crazy how fast Tesla moves!

For reference:
MSM, P3D+
Black interior
EAP

Delivery to Salt Lake, so if anyone has the same config and picking up in SL you may get a call soon if/when I postpone delivery :)

Received an email on Tuesday to prepare for delivery and got a call yesterday saying my car was going to be delivered at the nearest center today. After talking with the delivery advisor, sounds like they’re only willing to hold the car for ~week; otherwise, they’ll want to reassign me a new car which could take 4-6 weeks, but the advisor did say it would be “much faster” than the quoted 4-6 weeks. Sadly, I am probably going to have to opt for a new vehicle since my trade in offer from Tesla is very low and my financing hasn’t been squared away. Crazy how fast Tesla moves!

For reference:
MSM, P3D+
Black interior
EAP

Delivery to Salt Lake, so if anyone has the same config and picking up in SL you may get a call soon if/when I postpone delivery :)
What was the VIN?

For reference:
MSM, P3D+
Black interior
EAP

That's my config!!!!! And I'm in Salt Lake.... Will they let you choose who to transfer it to? ;)

Reactions: PessimiStick
Will do. Since you’re in Salt Lake, have you decided on a place for tint/PPF, if you were going to do either? I’ve heard Lux auto spa is good, but spendy.

I’ll have to ask about VIN since I wasn’t given one over the phone. I’ll be sure to update once available.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: cbutters