Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P3D with Performance Upgrade and Black Interior status

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Long time lurker so this will be my first post but I have a P3D+ w/ black interior on order. Question to those that have gotten an email from Tesla in regards to delivery. Does the email have a subject line of "Your Invitation: Model 3 Delivery Experience"?

I just got an email from them with that subject line and it looks like an invitation, asking me to RSVP for tomorrow or Sunday at the Fremont delivery center, to pick up my car from what I can tell but I haven't gotten any other email from a DS or IDA. No calls from them either and my Tesla account page is still showing the edit link and not asking for any payment information to be uploaded (going through 3rd party financing).

Mine was a handwritten copy and paste email from the IDA. I as obvious it wasn’t an automated email.

On 9/4 my first P3D+ was sent to Hawaii and the VIN and MVPA were removed from my account. Today I received a call from my IDA and have a new VIN with delivery scheduled on 9/12! Nice turn around, I was anticipating weeks before getting a new car assigned.

The interesting part of the call with my IDA was when he informed me that they started using new delivery software very recently. He explained it has been buggy and there were three engineers working on my account to track down what caused the original assignment mishap. The delivery software was just updated and he used it to find the new car for me today.

While I was on the phone with him he was adding the new car to my account and explaining that it may take a few days to get the VIN and new MVPA update to it. As he finished saying that he said, "Wow, looks like your VIN updated and is now in your account". A few minutes after the call ended he sent me an email with a screenshot of my account with VIN. 30 minutes later I received another email with my MVPA. I signed, returning, and received a completed MVPA back within an hour.

Not sure if this new software is being used by all IDAs yet but it seems to be much faster at processing vehicle assignments. I hope this means faster more reliable updates for all of you still waiting.

Reactions: CrazyCoconut
Those of you who have been paying attention probably noticed that Tesla has only been delivering:

- P3D black interior w/o Performance Upgrade package and
- P3D white interior w/ Performance Upgrade package

If anyone's P3D black interior w/ Performance Upgrade package is getting VIN or new updates or Edit button gone, please share!

For other configs, please find your corresponding thread ;)

Just made my first post a few mins ago - I (re)ordered (long story) on 7/5 and was contacted to pickup in 8/29. Picking up today in Fremont at 5:30pm! Silver Metallic ext, black interior, P3D, performance upgrade.

Successful delivery today 9/8/2018. Car is in good shape. Actual group workshop/mass delivery thing is kind of silly, but they just don't have enough employees now for any individual attention. It is what it is. Put 30 miles on the car, and EAP is calibrated. Summon out of the garage works. It was scary at first, but not as scary as TACC. lol Haven't used EAP yet, but will when I am driving on the proper roads to do so. Pics in the thread I started. :p

It’s a sh*tshow here at the 47623 fremont location. They are incredibly backlogged. Most people are pissed and typical story goes like this: my appt was at 1pm, it’s not ready, came back at 4pm and it’s still not ready. Lots of upset people, many complaining they wasted whole day. They missed my 5:30pm appt. Since I have dinner plans tonight I asked for loaner vehicle and pickup tomorrow AM at 8am. Hopefully being first in line tomorrow AM will be on time.

Btw the manager is blaming the detailing dept for the backlog. Wondering if it’s bc too many people are finding scratches? Been here for past 2.5hrs and overheard several of those types of complained. Should have taken the “drive to your house” delivery (however it would have been another 2 weeks).

• Helpful
Reactions: Sg911
Btw the manager is blaming the detailing dept for the backlog. Wondering if it’s bc too many people are finding scratches? Been here for past 2.5hrs and overheard several of those types of complained. Should have taken the “drive to your house” delivery (however it would have been another 2 weeks).
Sorry to hear that :( I read a ton of people got invited this weekend for delivery. Maybe they over extended themselves.

My delivery was scheduled for 9/10 at Costa Mesa. Pearl white with EAP. I canceled today so hopefully it goes to someone here soon. 84xxx vin.
All take it! I cancelled my White black interior AWD to upgrade to P, and PUP, but I’d probably go non PUP too.

Which I’ve been trying to communicate to my IDA, but radio silence.

They have a tough job with all of us switching around.

Reactions: Jedi2155
It’s a sh*tshow here at the 47623 fremont location. They are incredibly backlogged. Most people are pissed and typical story goes like this: my appt was at 1pm, it’s not ready, came back at 4pm and it’s still not ready. Lots of upset people, many complaining they wasted whole day. They missed my 5:30pm appt. Since I have dinner plans tonight I asked for loaner vehicle and pickup tomorrow AM at 8am. Hopefully being first in line tomorrow AM will be on time.

My appt was at 1:45pm. When I got there, they said they had a 30-60 minute backlog, but they checked and my car was parked up front. Found it pretty quick and it was unlocked, so used that time to inspect every nook and cranny. It was only about a 30 min until I was messaged, and then it only took about 10-15 mins with the host. I'd done all my research and pretty much already had the car set up, so just had the formalities.

Good luck tomorrow.

Do you have a delivery appointment yet CrazyCoconut?

I have mine for this Friday but the “computers” are showing that my car is in Austin already. I heard they sent a train load directly to Texas.
I have nothing :( No VIN, no delivery date, no contact from IDA. The only sign of progress is that customer service told me that I have an advisor assigned, and that my bookmarked Edit link no longer worked as of Friday :(

I have nothing :( No VIN, no delivery date, no contact from IDA. The only sign of progress is that customer service told me that I have an advisor assigned, and that my bookmarked Edit link no longer worked as of Friday :(

They are coming in large number now. I saw a 3PD+ with your configuration at the ponds spring location today and thought about you. Hang in there the wait is almost over.

• Love
Reactions: CrazyCoconut
I picked up my P3D+ today from Rocklin! The process was so quick, it was literally less than 2 minutes for the actual paperwork. Only issue is the rear bumper doesn't appear to be properly aligned, like the sides are slightly popped out... I was not going to reject the car for that, so I'll just it adjusted once the spoiler/badge come in. Hopefully you all get yours soon! It's one beautiful car!
IMG_1070.JPG