Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P3D with Performance Upgrade and Black Interior status

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yep. Which is still not inconceivable; last I looked average VIN to Del for CA was 6 days -- but it casts a bit of a pall on the whole thing when so many with config dates way after mine have VINs and even cars..

Spoke too soon. Edit link disappeared this morning; email from "Delivery Scheduling Team" mid-day. (Of course, I can't make that date, and the Delivery Scheduling Team has limited ability to flex, so they have to pass me to a TBD Delivery advisor.) Still, tangible progress.

Spoke too soon. Edit link disappeared this morning; email from "Delivery Scheduling Team" mid-day. (Of course, I can't make that date, and the Delivery Scheduling Team has limited ability to flex, so they have to pass me to a TBD Delivery advisor.) Still, tangible progress.

giphy.gif

Picked up my car today, it's awesome.

August build, almost nothing cosmetically wrong. There are two very tiny paint spikes by the driver's headlight/fender/frunk area, but I don't care about them enough to do anything. Panel gaps looked fine, trim was aligned fine. Autopilot enabled itself after ~30 miles. Feels like there's still something left for them to uncork 0-20 if they want to, but it drives great and pulls hard. Couldn't be happier -- I take that back -- I'd be happier if I could have moved my electrician up when they moved my delivery up, because I can't charge at home until Thursday... had to head back to the service center tonight to supercharge because I already put 170 miles on it.

Edit: Also, fun anecdote, there was an ICE car on fire on the other side of the highway on my way home from supercharging.

I have my second delivery attempt in the morning. The first, for those who missed it, could not be completed because someone at the delivery center scraped a wall with my P3D+ 15 minutes before my delivery appointment. Nine days and one Northern California wildfire closure of I-5 later, we'll try again.

I'm getting so pumped for my Friday delivery... If it gets pushed back I would die. Interesting note... they aren't delivering it to me at the sales floor, but rather at the service center..... I'm glad I double checked the address or I might have missed my appointment. Anyone taken delivery at the Service center instead of the showroom?

Reactions: Boomer19
I'm getting so pumped for my Friday delivery... If it gets pushed back I would die. Interesting note... they aren't delivering it to me at the sales floor, but rather at the service center..... I'm glad I double checked the address or I might have missed my appointment. Anyone taken delivery at the Service center instead of the showroom?
I believe Tesla is not allowed to directly sell to consumers in UT, like TX. So all deliveries here happen at the Service Center. The Gallery/Showroom is just for showing the car. The staff there is not legally allowed to discuss sales related topics.

I believe Tesla is not allowed to directly sell to consumers in UT, like TX. So all deliveries here happen at the Service Center. The Gallery/Showroom is just for showing the car. The staff there is not legally allowed to discuss sales related topics.
Rules are always weird and different in every state; but I picked up my Model X at the Showroom location and I see them do deliveries there all the time; which is why I find the service location kinda strange. Guess they just ran out of room.

Last edited:
Picked up my car today, it's awesome.

August build, almost nothing cosmetically wrong. There are two very tiny paint spikes by the driver's headlight/fender/frunk area, but I don't care about them enough to do anything. Panel gaps looked fine, trim was aligned fine. Autopilot enabled itself after ~30 miles. Feels like there's still something left for them to uncork 0-20 if they want to, but it drives great and pulls hard. Couldn't be happier -- I take that back -- I'd be happier if I could have moved my electrician up when they moved my delivery up, because I can't charge at home until Thursday... had to head back to the service center tonight to supercharge because I already put 170 miles on it.

Edit: Also, fun anecdote, there was an ICE car on fire on the other side of the highway on my way home from supercharging.

When you supercharge does your screen reflect free supercharging?

Waiting for MVPA to be generated, including a last minute EAP add, so I can pay. Anyone knows how long it takes to generate a MVPA?

Just check your page regularly. The final one wont be until 24 to 48 hours before tour delivery date and it will be electronically signed by you and the sales manager via docusign.

That being said all of thr above has happened with me twice and both my deliveries have been canceled.