Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P85D Arrived in Brisbane - Sad News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone,

Our P85D arrived at Autonexus in Brisbane yesterday and we were due to pick it up today.

However, Tesla emailed us claiming that they found a minor repairable wheel damage. This will put back our delivery date until they repair it. No ETA yet.

They said that this has happened with other Model S' in the past. Has anyone else had that experience? Should we request a new wheel be shipped?

Last edited:
So sorry to hear that!
I don't have any experience with this, but I'm sure Tesla will resolve it as soon as possible. It might take a couple of days to get a new wheel fitted, depending on whether they have a 21" grey wheel handy. Presumably it was a rim scratch in transit. Condolences on the delay!

So sorry to hear that!
I don't have any experience with this, but I'm sure Tesla will resolve it as soon as possible. It might take a couple of days to get a new wheel fitted, depending on whether they have a 21" grey wheel handy. Presumably it was a rim scratch in transit. Condolences on the delay!

Thanks!

Yes I am sure that once we have the vehicle, all the delays and hiccups will be forgotten. Hopefully it will be a next week delivery.

UPDATE: Called the company handling the delivery. Turns out it was a minor scratch on one of the front wheels. Penetrated the clear coat but not the paint work. They are respraying and baking it. Must have occurred in transit. But looks like delivery will be early next week.

Will be posting delivery photos.

UPDATE: Called the company handling the delivery. Turns out it was a minor scratch on one of the front wheels. Penetrated the clear coat but not the paint work. They are respraying and baking it. Must have occurred in transit..
Freaking annoying. But such a first world problem you feel churlish complaining! I'd be spewing, but quietly.
this is a safe space, astronomy: so spew away!!!