Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P85D CPO Experience (Bay Area)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
tl;dr - I set my demands/expectations from 1st call, set the expectations for myself going in, and came away very happy.

tl;dr #2- I believe that if you're in the Bay Area, you're going to get a better quality and experience overall. This is home base for Tesla.

Hi all,

I got my 2014 P85D with 34k miles on it. P65098

I had been looking for almost 5 weeks and after 2 weeks, realized that I would really need to be able to pull the trigger when I saw the one that I wanted. Right when I get into work and set up at my desk, this one popped up. As I was texting my wife making sure she was 100% on board, I said screw it and did it . Luckily she was fine with it cause I might have been a dead man otherwise haha.

I put down the deposit on June 12th and a few hours later a 'Used Vehicle Sales Advisor' called me and I pretty much told him a few things:
- I value honesty the most, if he doesn't know something to just be real and answer with "I don't know." Also, if he can get me the answer within 24 hours, we're good.
- I wanted the car detailed before I picked up, no questions asked to which he replied "confirmed, no doubt."
- I requested a carfax immediately and he provided it to me within hours
- I may have come across as an a*hole but I felt it was important to be relatively assertive
^^ I emailed every one I was in contact this morning asking for their manager email so that I could pass along kudo's and offered to CC them so they don't think I'm BS'ing

Reading through the car fax:
- Personal lease
- on average, 11k miles driven a year
- the advisor told me that leaser kept the car for 2.5 extra months (Tesla OK'd it) as he was waiting for his new S to come in

I picked up the car yesterday afternoon and I was helped by THREE advisors just teaching me in the in's and out's.. also warnings of insane mode versus standard versus chill. Everyone was super nice and they said they all chuckled at my file cause apparently I scared the 1st guy I spoke with -- we all got a laugh out of that.

Overall, the car came in excellent shape. There are nicks and whistles here - but my overall expectations were this: it's not going to be 10/10 but it's like 8.75 or 9 out of 10. For a CPO and given the recent track record with Tesla CPO - I can live with and love this car.

For me, I'm super happy and CPO process is likely a crap shoot if you live out of the Bay Area.

I also am eligible for CA HOV since this car came from North Carolina :) that was a big added bonus.

Attachments

• tesla ext.jpg
    tesla ext.jpg
    788.8 KB · Views: 117
  • tesla ext 3.jpg
    tesla ext 3.jpg
    664.8 KB · Views: 100
  • tesla backseat 2.jpg
    tesla backseat 2.jpg
    392.8 KB · Views: 96
  • tesla 1.jpg
    tesla 1.jpg
    426.3 KB · Views: 102
Congrats on buying the best car Tesla ever made!! :) Welcome to the club.

Since you have a 2014 P85D, there's a really good chance you have the Performance Plus suspension (even though the option codes for your car indicate otherwise). You also have the rare Next Gen rear seats, another big bonus.

Having your attitude that CPO cars aren't going to be pristine, perfect examples, is the best attitude to have.

Glad to hear you had a great experience.

Congrats and +1 2014 P85D is IMO the best car Tesla has made ! You still get real leather you have next gen front and rear ...and good chance you have the recaros and plus suspension ...great choice !;)