Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes the Re paint job on this tesla is horrible.

I use to wholesale cars for many years and always ran across the slvg guys often. So I wanted to chime in for those interested in any slvg for that matter. I have never, I mean never seen a slvg car fixed the way it should be. It is always Mickey Mouse and never as it should be.
I don’t care what or who fixed the car, you will always hear minimal damage, just a few cosmetics etc.

However, you are often getting a car for 10-30k less then if it was not slvg so you can take it for what it’s worth.

And banks won’t loan to slvg cars or rebuilt. You can get a private loan but often not for very much

• Love
Reactions: davidc18
It allows you to purchase parts, get software updates, and if you wanted to pay for service at Tesla then you could get them to do some repairs. Without recert, they won't sell you anything, and the car is blacklisted from software updates.
Welll yes and no. If they don't realize it's a Salvage you will only lose the ability to have them service it. Most rebuilds i have done all receive updates etc. You simply don't tell Tesla it's a rebuilt.

Yes the Re paint job on this tesla is horrible.

I use to wholesale cars for many years and always ran across the slvg guys often. So I wanted to chime in for those interested in any slvg for that matter. I have never, I mean never seen a slvg car fixed the way it should be. It is always Mickey Mouse and never as it should be.
I don’t care what or who fixed the car, you will always hear minimal damage, just a few cosmetics etc.

However, you are often getting a car for 10-30k less then if it was not slvg so you can take it for what it’s worth.

And banks won’t loan to slvg cars or rebuilt. You can get a private loan but often not for very much
In taking it back to paint for the Fender and bumper. All else they've done well on.

I assure you this is a quality rebuild. I don't sell junk. I personally will never buy anything but a rebuilt after this. The huge discount is worth it.

Some banks will not give loans some will.

Welll yes and no. If they don't realize it's a Salvage you will only lose the ability to have them service it. Most rebuilds i have done all receive updates etc. You simply don't tell Tesla it's a rebuilt.

They know, even if they decide not to turn off updates. When a car is sold at auction as totaled, I've been told it is flagged in their system.

When you have time, can you please look at the questions above that I posted?

I would be interested but I think the price is to high. I have seen cpo start to go in the 70s with a warenty backed by tesla and seen even better deals on cargures.
I will watch this because if it does start to fall in price I would be interested.

Interested. Additional questions:

1 or 2 working keys?
Does homelink work?
Does it get software updates? If not, is it rooted?
Do the front louvers open up when supercharging?
In one pic above, the hood rests (those rubber capped bolts), one looks substantially higher than the other. Is this how they have to be set for the hood to rest appropriately?
UMC Cable/charger included?
One key
I haven't tested homelink
It is rooted and on latest version
I have not tried supercharging but am told it is enabled.
Fender bolts hooked were pulled upward on that side making Fender higher. Will adjust when i get fender repainted.
16/32 amp 120/220v charger included

Does rooted on the latest version mean it will not get software updates?

And also, how much value are you putting just on the warranty, let alone other factors, when you assess the price? Is it in sync with what Tesla values the warranty at?

Last edited:
Lots of people in here with no salvage experience passing on second hand knowledge as if it’s first hand info. The truth is sometimes a car will get flagged in Tesla’s system and sometimes it won’t. Sometimes it’ll get flagged and supercharging will be disabled but you’ll still have connectivity. It’s really a crapshoot. My salvage car had no supercharging but did have connectivity.

If there truly was no frame damage this would be a good candidate for recertification. My concern with some of the hacked salvage cars is that eventually Tesla is going to change the handshake for supercharging from being car side to supercharger side now that they’re charging for the supercharger. Perhaps they’re not changing the way the older cars access the network but it’s been a thought in the back of my head and if they do eventually change that then you’ll want to have a car that’s been recertified.

I’d be a potential buyer but the paint kills it for me. This car needs proper painting and more importantly proper prep. There’s a reason body shops blend into other panel and it’s because of cars like this. You don’t want your car looking like a patchwork of 6 similar colors.