Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P85D unable to drive/charge HVIL?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hope somebody can help me:

Issue: Salvage Model S P85D
Front left accident /lost Front left wheel, rear left wheel blocked, almost all Airbag deployed.

Repaired car, some welding job, changed all airbags , changed pyrofuse, changed Bussmann 450A Fuse under rear Seat.
After that i changed the contactors inside the Pack.

I also checked all lid switches.
Still: unable to drive unable to charge...

I took contactors without economizer (Kilovac ev200) maybe this could be the Problem?

The Fuses in the DC Converter and in the junction Box are fine...

Any idea?

You've waded into deep waters, my friend. The number of people on here that could answer a question of this level of detail is exceedingly small. Of those, Ingineer is probably the most active. You might try PMing him a link to this thread so he sees it. He may have some ideas.

Ingineer

Have you checked/replaced the emergency responder cut loop?

Though if the error you are getting is HVIL I assume that means "high voltage isolation" error. Meaning that it is detecting a HV leak somewhere. It could be bad/damaged HV cables, or something internal in the battery...

O
Have you checked/replaced the emergency responder cut loop?

Though if the error you are getting is HVIL I assume that means "high voltage isolation" error. Meaning that it is detecting a HV leak somewhere. It could be bad/damaged HV cables, or something internal in the battery...

Yes...The emergency Loop looks fine...I just removed it couple of times...

HVIL is HV interlock. It's really difficult to try and repair a Model S w/o diagnostics. I can enable that on your car, and then we'll know exactly what's wrong. Please PM me for more information.

• Helpful
Reactions: MP3Mike
HVIL is HV interlock. It's really difficult to try and repair a Model S w/o diagnostics. I can enable that on your car, and then we'll know exactly what's wrong. Please PM me for more information.

Is the Model S HVIL like the one GM put on the Volt - a 12V continuity circuit that physically blocks access to the HV connectors and disables the HV system by holding the contactors open if the circuit is broken?