Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P85D with four year warranty goes sub $50K

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reactions: VikH
My thoughts exactly! The whole idea of going from CPO to used seems ludicrous (!) to me. Leaves potentially very satisfied Tesla customers like me wondering what the next move is when my warranty expires in thirteen months.

Whatever they call it is irrelevant. They can say they no longer sell CPO or used cars but they are now calling their program "Weiner Schnitzel Cars."

Whatever they call it, people looking to buy a car at these prices will expect, at a minimum, the experience you would get when you buy a used car at a Kia dealership. Look at this Kia they are selling for $17K and how pristine it is. If they are not stubborn about not wanting to spend $1,000-$2,000 that would cost to refurbish most of their CPO cars, they too can sell cars that look like this Kia.

I am sure people at Tesla are smarter than the people are Kia and it's astounding how they can't figure out a way to sell cars at least as well as Kia.

{{mctrl.meta.metaTitle}}

The photos they sent were of such low resolution as to be almost useless! My ten year old flip phone could take better pictures, making me think they are trying to deceive used buyers into thinking the cars are in better shape than they actually are. Bad form, Elon.
I know they have excellent quality photos of the cars but reduce them to low res thumbnails. I was able to get the excellent original res photos of one car after seeing Teslas poor quality photos. The sad part was that I had to get the good photos through a route other than Tesla. I was then told by a Tesla employee that I should not have seen the other photos due to “Privacy Concerns". When I asked what the “Privacy Concerns" were they kept going round and round saying “Privacy Concerns"! Very silly. :rolleyes: