TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

P90D rated range..

Discussion in 'Model X: Battery & Charging' started by Sasha_Vienna, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Sasha_Vienna

Sasha_Vienna Member

Hi there..

I just picked up my X P90DL a day ago and am pretty excited about it.. The only thing that got me a bit confused is that i got the car with 100% of battery load but it was showing 370km of rated range.. I guess it has something to do with outside temperature (here is -10 C) but i was expecting something closer to 400km..

I know that the real life range will be a direct result of more then 1 factor(speed, tyre pressure, weather conditions and so on... ) , but what is your real life average range?

Thank you in advance and greetings from Vienna..

2. goneskiian

goneskiian Active Member

It should actually be closer to 413 or so. Are you sure it was fully charged?

370 is most definitely a bit low.

3. FarmerDave

FarmerDave Supporting Member

Real life range varies a LOT. Lately I'm using ~450 Wh/mile in weather that's in the neighborhood of 11 degrees F. In the summer that drops down to around 340 Wh/mile.

4. goneskiian

goneskiian Active Member

Of course, but what I understand the OP to be saying is that the range displayed when charged to 100% is much lower than it should be with a 90kWh pack. That doesn't change with the weather.

I haven't charged to 100% lately but when new it showed about 260 miles on my 90D. That has since decreased to display about 257 (which is what was advertised), in what I believe are changed software algorithms since 8.0 came out.

370km is only about 230 miles. For a 90 it should be closer to 257 miles.

5. Sasha_Vienna

Sasha_Vienna Member

Guys..

I did a full charge today.. Today it was little warmer.. My rated range showed 385km ??? So 15km more then two days ago.. :) If it continues like this then in a week or two i will have a 600km range ;))) It has to do something with temperature..