TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

P90DL How to tell what power level you have?

Discussion in 'Model S: Driving Dynamics' started by jaed, Mar 7, 2017.

1. jaed

jaed Member

Hi everyone,

I am looking at purchasing a P90DL.
    If I understand correctly there was a shift half way through the production span that added around 50 hp in the P90DL. When looking at a used car any idea on how to tell if it has the faster battery / motor? Did they change it when the nose was revised?

2. St Charles

St Charles Member

First, you'll want to figure out what battery version you have. You can do this by checking under the front passenger wheel well for the model/serial# sticker: [​IMG]

Once you know the model, refer to THIS SPREADSHEET to determine the max theoretical output. I say Theoretical because current Firmware may limit maximum power output in certain scenarios.

-HTH

3. Indpowr

Indpowr Member

So, My P90DL (L ordered) shows this 1063792-00-A, so with the latest software update. How do I tell max output/power from that?

4. Tech_Guy

Tech_Guy ALWAYS IN LUDICROUS MODE! P90D>P100D Upgrade

Looking at the spreadsheet max output should be around 450KW

• Like x 1
  5. jerjozwik

jerjozwik Active Member

6. yobigd20

yobigd20 Well-Known Member

• Funny x 1
  7. 3mp_kwh

3mp_kwh Member

It would be great if that spreadsheet had a 60% SOC column. That is where some of the most appealing reasons to own a later PXXD show up. The improved KW roll-off.

8. Tech_Guy

Tech_Guy ALWAYS IN LUDICROUS MODE! P90D>P100D Upgrade

Like this chart from @Old Man Mike thread!

• Like x 1