Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P90DL Tesla battery puro fuse blues šŸ˜¢

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

easyev

Supporting Member
Jul 29, 2023
Toronto
Guys, Iā€™ve been meaning to update you on my P90D. I got the computer done, yes (!) but I will update in the other thread.

So I just got this warning today did a quick search and Iā€™m freaking out finding numbers like $11,000!

Itā€™s going back in for a little bit of warranty work on the MCU 2 as they forgot to hook up my USB ports and a couple of other inkling things, so I guess Iā€™ll get the bad news on the fuse quote today. Iā€™ll keep you posted and update my other threads.

IMG_4823.jpeg

If anyone has some good news to share, I would appreciate it. Otherwise just give me the straight facts I can take it haha.

The battery has a pyro fuse that blows the fuse and disconnects the HV battery from the car electronics in the event of a bad crash. The early versions, like in your car, have a lithium battery that powers it. Newer models and the replacement for yours no longer require a battery. Lithium batteries have a life expectancy of about 10 years, thus yours needs a replacement. I believe this replacement is either covered under warranty, if your car is still covered, or costs about $100 otherwise.

Reactions: easyev
Thatā€™s a little more encouraging than the other number iPhone that was 1100 times higher. Fingers crossed thank you very much for the quick reply!

PS I asked my wife whatā€™s more comfortable to drive and she said Model S is more comfortable than her new Y. Sheā€™s warming up to my old S!