Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PAAK issue with Samsung Galaxy phones

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

I know this has been discussed early this year, but there seems no recent discussion while I am still having the issue, hence posting and requesting any help here.
My phone is Samsung Galaxy Fold 4, my wife's phone is Samsung Galaxy Flip 3. Both phones firmware and apps are up to date.
I have tried almost everything discussed here, app battery optimization, resetting network settings, unpair and repair the phone. I even tried to factory reset my phone. No luck. Our phones still disconnect the car every two hours or so. Airplane mode on/off or restarting the phone fixes it temporarily.

It is definitely Android 13 BLE issue since my old phone Note 10+ doesn't have issue now.
I am seriously considering replacing my phone with iPhone if the issue doesn't get resolved. Tired of this issue for more than 6 months.
Anyone still having the same issue like me? Any tips to fix them? Appreciate any help. Thanks.

That's a toughie. No issues on my S23.

When I first got the car I was losing app connectivity to the car after the car was connected to, then left wifi. The car had it's cell connection, but my phone app wouldn't connect to it until the car's computer was rebooted via the 2 buttons. Then it was 100% good again until the car connected to wifi again.

It got to the point where I had disconnected the car from my wifi to keep it on cell.

Then I got a software update pushed to the car from another ticket and that also resolved the app connectivity issue when leaving wifi. I had to reboot once after the car got it's update and it's been good since (a couple of weeks now).

Not sure if it's the same issue based on your description or not. The only other thing I've done in my phone is in app settings I disabled "remove app permissions if app is unused", set battery in app settings to "unrestricted" and I think set the app to not sleep. I forget where that one was though.

That's a toughie. No issues on my S23.

When I first got the car I was losing app connectivity to the car after the car was connected to, then left wifi. The car had it's cell connection, but my phone app wouldn't connect to it until the car's computer was rebooted via the 2 buttons. Then it was 100% good again until the car connected to wifi again.

It got to the point where I had disconnected the car from my wifi to keep it on cell.

Then I got a software update pushed to the car from another ticket and that also resolved the app connectivity issue when leaving wifi. I had to reboot once after the car got it's update and it's been good since (a couple of weeks now).

Not sure if it's the same issue based on your description or not. The only other thing I've done in my phone is in app settings I disabled "remove app permissions if app is unused", set battery in app settings to "unrestricted" and I think set the app to not sleep. I forget where that one was though.
Thanks for the reply. Your issue seems a bit different than mine but glad yours resolved. I have done what you mentioned at the end already but no luck. Thanks.

It could be a MCU problem. Have you put in a service req? You haven't really shared much about your car (year, model, etc.)
Requested the service but closed right away by Tesla and they said it's Android issue.
I have 2022 MY and Rivian R1S. Used to have 2020 M3 before R1S. All three cars having this issue, so it should be Samsung phone issues.

With respect, I would not relent. I would continue to sent service requests until they check it out properly. I had problems with my iPhone 12 Pro, then with my iPhone 14 Pro Max and they kept telling me it was a phone issue. I was not about to change brands just to please their laziness. Eventually it was determined to be the MCU2. I kept sending them time and date markers when the errors occurred and they eventually found it to be a voltage drop in the MCU. It took over a year to prove my point, and I had been in tech my entire adult career.

I have a Galaxy A53, Android 13, One UI 5.1

Last winter it stopped working as a car key for several months. But I could use the Tesla app to get in.

But now, after several updates (Tesla app and in-car, and Samsung) it works fine. Sorry, I can't be more specific as to what fixed it.

I do have to have Bluetooth enabled on the phone (I usually have it turned off to save battery life, and I also turn on the phone's Hotspot, as we don't subscribe to Tesla's premium connectivity).

Thanks all. I ended up buying a new iphone, I am done with Galaxy. Now everything works as expected and I am so happy.
My wife's phone (Galaxy Flip 3) still has the issue, but she said she can live with it. I just hope Samsung fixes it with an update so my wife can enjoy the full features.