Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pack Performance and Launch Mode Limits

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So...would have not purchased your car if you knew this?

I hope Tesla doesn't take anything else away from your car that might cause it to catch on fire - and not tell you.
I never heard it would catch on fire but suppose a year after you take delivery of your new Model 3 Tesla discovers that if you let your battery get under 50% the cells heat up and rapidly degrade so they limit your range to 100 miles. Would you feel you didn't get what you paid for?

The better reasoning would be why would tesla provide and support using launch mode when it could damage the drive train? It appears to me from their actions they were trying their best to deliver on the 10.9 promise and did not properly test and evaluate the negative impact when combining launch mode with the higher amps provided by the V2 and V3 batteries. Nothing to do with causing a fire.
Well now I can't damage the drive train.

The drivetrain is electric and overheats when too much current is drawn through it. The contactors melt and could potentially catch on fire. This is not an ICE drivetrain.

As I keep saying. Sign a wavier that exonerates Tessa's liability from damage when you constantly launch your car and everyone would be happy.

Well now I can't damage the drive train.

The drivetrain is electric and overheats when too much current is drawn through it. The contactors melt and could potentially catch on fire. This is not an ICE drivetrain.

As I keep saying. Sign a wavier that exonerates Tessa's liability from damage when you constantly launch your car and everyone would be happy.
The only thing that will make most all P90DL customers happy is when they all receive a car that meets specifications. If that had happened from day one we would be close to 4000 less posts in this forum.

The only thing that will make most all P90DL customers happy is when they all receive a car that meets specifications. If that had happened from day one we would be close to 4000 less posts in this forum.

And if they had delivered the P85D with the advertised specs there might be 15,000 less posts. After a lot of noise, Tesla graciously offered up a "discount" to the early P85D buyers so they could pay an additional $5,000 and wait a year or more to get closer to what Tesla promised before we bought them.

Unless you live in Norway where the threat of losing in the courts forced them to come clean.

I never heard it would catch on fire but suppose a year after you take delivery of your new Model 3 Tesla discovers that if you let your battery get under 50% the cells heat up and rapidly degrade so they limit your range to 100 miles. Would you feel you didn't get what you paid for?
You didn't answer my question however I will answer yours.

Yes I would feel that I didn't get what I paid for, however I wouldn't want Tesla to ignore MY safety to preserve their promise. Garlans dead, but Tesla kept its promise. Really?

Again and Again I ask..... When Tesla becomes aware of something...what would you want them to do?

Yes I would feel that I didn't get what I paid for, however I wouldn't want Tesla to ignore MY safety to preserve their promise. Garlans dead, but Tesla kept its promise. Really?

Again and Again I ask..... When Tesla becomes aware of something...what would you want them to do?

Provide compensation. That's what happens when people don't meet their obligations. Why should the cost of (in your world) improving safety resulting from a design error be imposed on the customer?

Again...Why don't you sign a wavier and have them leave the option alone and take on all of the liability.
I am a happy P90DL customer. It took a year but I got there. Tesla finally agreed to replace my bogus V1 battery with a V3 which provided me both the range and performance I paid $13K for. Now if it wasn't for Tech guy reporting the launch mode counter degrading the performance I might have used LM too often and the lost that purchased performance. So I won't ever use LM and remain happy. No need to sign anything. Nothing to complain about. If they provided that transparency for Tech guy he would also be happy. And if they provided the V3 battery and that transparency to the rest of the P90D owners they too would be happy and respect tesla for letting them know ahead of time that using LM would damage something. Doing so months after providing LM is not the correct action.

This isn't a safety issue. What should Tesla do? First they should have proactively communicated this to customers. Next they should make it right by giving these people what they paid for at no cost to them. Tesla just saying "this is what other manufacturers have done" doesn't let them off the hook anymore than telling you (in my theoretical example) that you are stuck with a 100 mile range $35k car, "oops sorry" :shrug:.
Hypothetically, if it were a safety issue, I would expect the same thing. Notification, take responsibility, and fix it no charge.

If that had happened from day one we would be close to 4000 less posts in this forum.
Now what fun would that be?

@Garlan Garner, I think you're missing the larger point. This has nothing to do with Tesla assuring safety and quality control with their product, and everything to do with the manner in which they chose to do so. And now people reporting a new warning, ninja'd into your owners manual to look like it was always there. It's all a mega "WTF?!" move.

Also Garlan, how 'bout them Bears? :confused:

This isn't a safety issue. What should Tesla do? First they should have proactively communicated this to customers. Next they should make it right by giving these people what they paid for at no cost to them. Tesla just saying "this is what other manufacturers have done" doesn't let them off the hook anymore than telling you (in my theoretical example) that you are stuck with a 100 mile range $35k car, "oops sorry" :shrug:.
Hypothetically, if it were a safety issue, I would expect the same thing. Notification, take responsibility, and fix it no charge.
How do you know it's not a safety issue?

• Disagree
Reactions: St Charles