Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pack Performance and Launch Mode Limits

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla has been more transparent than any auto company I know of. Name another CEO that tweets about updates and company direction and such. Name another CEO that has periodic invitations of tours of their factories.

It may not be exactly what you want, however name a more transparent auto company.
More tweets are incorrect than correct. Timelines are a literal joke.

Tesla has been more transparent than any auto company I know of. Name another CEO that tweets about updates and company direction and such.

Please, that's not "transparency" that's building enthusiasm for the brand, salesmanship.

Exactly!

I totally disagree. They are telling us what they are doing. If it results in enthusiasm or salesmanship...fine.

Please let us know the first time you see Elon Musk tweet anything along the lines of the following, and I'll buy your transparency argument.

"Sorry about the misleading advertising that said the P85D had 691 HP. It really has under 500. Whoops!"

"Sorry about the misleading advertising that makes our packs seem bigger and more valuable than they are. Almost all of them are smaller than we stated. Whoops!"

Sorry about not telling anyone we started using 1-foot rollout in some of our 0-60 numbers, to make the cars look faster than they actually were. Whoops!"

Sorry about stating the original P90D Ludicrous could run a 10.9 second quarter-mile. It can't. Whoops!

"Sorry about the misleading advertising that led people to believe they would always have the power they did when they purchased their cars. We're limiting it to reduce our warranty repair costs. Whoops!"

More tweets are incorrect than correct. Timelines are a literal joke.
I don't agree at all. You will have to list the incorrect ones vs the correct ones to make that claim.

Look at Elons tweet for this Christmas. The easter egg for the MX was predicted and has come true right on time.

Elon Musk on Twitter

Also...he is helping folks download the new update via their cell phones using twitter THIS MORNING. His promise for 8.1 has arrived early.

He is tweeting like mad this morning. I don't care what you call it....that's transparency to me. NAME ANOTHER CEO or auto company that is doing that?

Exactly!

Please let us know the first time you see Elon Musk tweet anything along the lines of the following, and I'll buy your transparency argument.

"Sorry about the misleading advertising that said the P85D had 691 HP. It really has under 500. Whoops!"

"Sorry about the misleading advertising that makes our packs seem bigger and more valuable than they are. Almost all of them are smaller than we stated. Whoops!"

Sorry about not telling anyone we started using 1-foot rollout in some of our 0-60 numbers, to make the cars look faster than they actually were. Whoops!"

Sorry about stating the original P90D Ludicrous could run a 10.9 second quarter-mile. It can't. Whoops!

"Sorry about the misleading advertising that led people to believe they would always have the power they did when they purchased their cars. We're limiting it to reduce our warranty repair costs. Whoops!"
Now that's just Ludicrous.

An apology = Transparency? That's just Ludicrous.

I don't have a need for you to believe me or consider what I'm saying.

You have options about your issues. Why are you sitting in this forum complaining about them? Get up and do something.

Lemon Law your car. Folks here have done it.
Tweet Elon.
Sue Tesla. Class action...or whatever. All of you get together and make it happen.

For goodness sake he promised to change the bolts in the seats of MX owners at the SC's if you just bring your car by... and they did/are.

• Disagree
Reactions: u00mem9
I was thinking that also. That the battery was excluded from the drive train. Which is why I couldn't understand how doing an upgrade to 100kw removed the LM limitation? But since it does eliminate the LM limitation, I assume the battery is part of the drive train.
So if the battery is included, the specific type of damage could be fire related. Though like with the place I work and others have stated, if it was fire related you need to report it as such and act immediately on a recall or risk being shutdown.
So therefore I think fire risk is off the table.

A battery produces power through ion transfer. Power is drive and essentially a battery should be part of the drive train since chemical reactions occur within the battery just like ICE pistons experience chemical reactions during power generation.

• Informative
Reactions: Walta
Exactly. Get up and do something. Folks..don't get mad at me about it.

I don't think anyone is getting mad at you about anything. I know I'm not.

I'm just disagreeing with your assessment that Musk tweeting positive things about the company, or what is coming in the future, is "transparent." In my opinion, it's marketing, not transparency.

So...would have not purchased your car if you knew this?
No I would have avoided launch mode and maintained my power levels...

I am a happy P90DL customer. It took a year but I got there. Tesla finally agreed to replace my bogus V1 battery with a V3 which provided me both the range and performance I paid $13K for. Now if it wasn't for Tech guy reporting the launch mode counter degrading the performance I might have used LM too often and the lost that purchased performance. So I won't ever use LM and remain happy. No need to sign anything. Nothing to complain about. If they provided that transparency for Tech guy he would also be happy. And if they provided the V3 battery and that transparency to the rest of the P90D owners they too would be happy and respect tesla for letting them know ahead of time that using LM would damage something. Doing so months after providing LM is not the correct action.

EXACTLY WHAT IM SAYING!

I don't think anyone is getting mad at you about anything. I know I'm not.

I'm just disagreeing with your assessment that Musk tweeting positive things about the company, or what is coming in the future, is "transparent." In my opinion, it's marketing, not transparency.
Thanks for your honesty and sincerity about not getting angry.

I just posted positive tweets that he is currently posting this morning. Do you disagree that he is posting good things this morning? Read it.

Tweets with replies by Elon Musk (@elonmusk) | Twitter

He posted his fixes for people parking at SC's and annoying folks to no end VIA twitter. I tell you guys the truth...if you don't get exactly what you want...you ignore anything good.

I don't agree at all. You will have to list the incorrect ones vs the correct ones to make that claim.

Look at Elons tweet for this Christmas. The easter egg for the MX was predicted and has come true right on time.

Elon Musk on Twitter

Also...he is helping folks download the new update via their cell phones using twitter THIS MORNING. His promise for 8.1 has arrived early.

He is tweeting like mad this morning. I don't care what you call it....that's transparency to me. NAME ANOTHER CEO or auto company that is doing that?
Add a light show while removing more AP functions so he can have less liability... and you call that more transparency? I can't tell if you are kidding.

Oh ya and by the way for reference here's the manual in my car today without any mention of launch limits or reduced power.

IMG_4229.JPG
IMG_4232.JPG

Add a light show while removing more AP functions so he can have less liability... and you call that more transparency? I can't tell if you are kidding.
What I'm saying is that Elon is one of the most transparent CEO's of any company that I have ever seen. For the 100th time....Name a better one that is more transparent.

He provided the SC parking solution via twitter - responding to folks tweeting him about it.
He provided the fix for the MX seat issue via twitter of which is coming true.
He provided the fix many issues concerning the 8.0 update via twitter.
He responds to Tesla issues that make the news via twitter.
He helped folks this morning download their 8.1 update ( out a few days early) via their cell phones.

Are you kidding me? This is fantastic. Don't deny every good thing because of something you don't like. That's an adultism.

• Funny
  • Disagree
Reactions: yak-55 and msnow
Oh ya and by the way for reference here's the manual in my car today without any mention of launch limits or reduced power.

View attachment 207577 View attachment 207578
As I stated many times. Go to Tesla and file a lemon law. That your car isn't performing as the manual states.

Tell Tesla...I followed your manual to the tee and Launch Mode failed to operate. You don't have to tell them how many previous launches you have made - because the manual does not say that there is a limitation.

Reactions: Walta