Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pack Performance and Launch Mode Limits

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How about this.

Tesla shuts down communication. Lets suggest that they act like other companies. No software updates. No Hardware updates unless its annual. No invitations to the gigafactory. Nothing. Elon stops tweeting and communicating.
No information about vendor selection. NO information about the dreadnought. No information about anything unless it's an annual release.

Actually you could mimic this behavior by not paying attention to what Tesla is doing at all. You have control over this - non transparency.
Tweeting a lot is not the measure of transparency or honesty (for example Trump tweets a lot). Transparency is not concealing things, it's being unambiguous and it's usually associated with how difficult things are plainly disclosed.
I think I'll just go back to my "dislike" button as I've learned you just like to argue.

Tweeting a lot is not the measure of transparency or honesty (for example Trump tweets a lot). Transparency is not concealing things, it's being unambiguous and it's usually associated with how difficult things are plainly disclosed.
I think I'll just go back to my "dislike" button as I've learned you just like to argue.
I'm not arguing.....I'm saying that you are right....that's why I'm providing suggestions to remedy your problems....to help you. Who's arguing?

I believe Tweeting a lot is a measure of transparency and honesty because of what he is saying through his tweets - not just the fact that he is tweeting.
So if you tweet a sentence as opposed to saying the same sentence in a press release or board meeting or a shareholders meeting is different?

He quotes his tweets - or tweets his quotes no matter where he is... that's transparency. He is telling folks what he believes and feels and is doing. He's transparent.

Click on some of his tweets and I challenge anyone to not see transparency. A multi billionare talking with any and everyone without reservation about what Tesla is doing all over the place.

Tweets with replies by Elon Musk (@elonmusk) | Twitter

Last edited:
Nope...your thoughts are wrong.

Other people are bringing up their single problem of limited launches. I'm responding to it and providing suggestions.

You are most definitely inventing a problem. You are taking a current action by tesla and equating it to an issue that was solved over two years ago. You have zero evidence that these are tied together.

You are most definitely inventing a problem. You are taking a current action by tesla and equating it to an issue that was solved over two years ago. You have zero evidence that these are tied together.
I never said they were tied together. Find where I said that. I used it as an example that TESLA fixes things before they have to be reported to agencies and such.

How about this.

Tesla shuts down communication. Lets suggest that they act like other companies. No software updates. No Hardware updates unless its annual. No invitations to the gigafactory. Nothing. Elon stops tweeting and communicating.
No information about vendor selection. NO information about the dreadnought. No information about anything unless it's an annual release.

Actually you could mimic this behavior by not paying attention to what Tesla is doing at all. You have control over this - non transparency.

I guess you're kidding but that is EXACTLY what they need to do. Time to grow up. Determine what you are selling before you accept money.

If that's too retro for Tesla, too bad. The market sets expectations. The length of this thread makes the market expectations clear.

I guess you're kidding but that is EXACTLY what they need to do. Time to grow up. Determine what you are selling before you accept money.

If that's too retro for Tesla, too bad. The market sets expectations. The length of this thread makes the market expectations clear.
Tesla is doing just fine doing things the way they are doing them. That's how they are now a multi multi billion dollar company delivering over 20K cars per quarter.

Tesla is currently doing exactly what they need to in order to produce the results they are producing. WITHOUT advertising.

That's how Elon is able to tweet.....If you don't like your P100D ....give it back.
Elon Musk on Twitter

There is another solution for the P90D issue owners here. Give the car back if you don't like it.

• Disagree
Reactions: msnow
I think you guys are going to have to battle this issue collectively. Not as individuals disagreeing with me. That aint going to get you anywhere with Tesla.

Like me or not....Tesla is your hurdle. You have a decision to make. Do you want your car with the issues you have or do you not want your car? If you want your car and want it to match what you say was promised you.....get up and do something.

Like me or not - If I had this issue I would get something done. You can probably tell from my personality that I don't mind standing alone if I have to in order to voice my opinion or get something done.

Who in here is ready to lead the pack and Git-er-done?

Tesla is doing just fine doing things the way they are doing them. That's how they are now a multi multi billion dollar company delivering over 20K cars per quarter.

Tesla is currently doing exactly what they need to in order to produce the results they are producing. WITHOUT advertising.

That's how Elon is able to tweet.....If you don't like your P100D ....give it back.
Elon Musk on Twitter

There is another solution for the P90D issue owners here. Give the car back if you don't like it.

I need to address a few points in this post.

The easy one is about Musk tweeting that person - Dan Daogaru - could give back his P100D if he didn't like it.

I am relatively certain that was an offer Musk was making to someone he knew, as Daogaru is Vice-President of Technology Services for Motionloft. Daogaru had also complained about not being able to test drive a P100D, and said he was torn betwwen a P100D and another car. There is no reason to believe that anyone else could return a P100D, and certainly no reason to believe that anyone could return a P90D.

And as for your assertion that Tesla is foing exactly what they need to, etc...

As of now, Tesla is still constrained, at least somewhat, by their capacity to produce cars and battery packs. That will eventually change as they grow, and as competition increases. The customers Tesla loses now, and the customers who Tesla moves from being loud, vocal Tesla supporters to being just quiet, somewhat disgruntled Tesla customers will cost Tesla millions, if not billions of dollars in the future.

wow, catching up on this tread... if there is a 25 launch limit on the P90DL V3, then the TRC car would have hit it a long time ago, he is still running strong as far I can see, I will follow up with him and check in, get a power reading... If there is a limit, it would be a big big deal, especially for the $$ people pay take of those extra 1/10ths from the 60 MPH time...

as far as being common to limit performance of sports cars, I have not seen that done permanently like this... for the GT-R and some others, you just have to let the car cool down before launching again...

I really hope the P100D performance increase is not tied to the warranty validation...

I never said they were tied together. Find where I said that. I used it as an example that TESLA fixes things before they have to be reported to agencies and such.

OK!

So...would have not purchased your car if you knew this?

I hope Tesla doesn't take anything else away from your car that might cause it to catch on fire - and not tell you.

Well now I can't damage the drive train.

The drivetrain is electric and overheats when too much current is drawn through it. The contactors melt and could potentially catch on fire. This is not an ICE drivetrain.

As I keep saying. Sign a wavier that exonerates Tessa's liability from damage when you constantly launch your car and everyone would be happy.

How do you know it's not a safety issue?

From Tesla saying that the contactors in the inverter have overheated when large amounts of current traversed through them. They said that this large amount of current is beyond the limited current of any car, however its a known issue that poses no risk.

Again...what does Tesla consider to be the drivetrain? The Contactor is in the drivetrain. The massive inverter is in the drivetrain. Everything but the battery and the cabin is part of the drivetrain.

Its not a safety issue because its already limited. If they would have left it unlimited...it would be a safety issue. Tesla remedied this before it became a safety issue.

You don't have list non-issues with NHTSA. Dangerous Launch mode does not have to be listed because it does not exist.

The whole rant on this thread is due to folks not having the unlimited (possibly dangerous) launch modes they thought they bought.

I believe Tweeting a lot is a measure of transparency and honesty

He quotes his tweets - or tweets his quotes no matter where he is... that's transparency. He is telling folks what he believes and feels and is doing. He's transparent.

It is my view and others that you are using "transparency" where promotion, marketing or customer service would be more accurate, at least in the context of this thread, When a company or CEO highlights the features and benefits of their product, most would not call that transparency.

This thread has more to do with the lack of transparency. This thread and the inherent negative energy, suggestions of lemon law, class-action etc., could have been avoided altogether if Tesla was transparent from the get go and dealt directly with those affected. Perhaps a letter something to the effect of:

Dear valued P90DL owner, it is come to our attention that....So we had to... And here's what we plan to do about it...