Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pack Performance and Launch Mode Limits

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here is a tweet from this morning.

Elon Musk on Twitter

If you don't like your 100D - you can give it back.
Ok most transparent ever - you win, but real point is that is not always a good thing.

NO WAY that tweet holds up, or is it just a special promise for one person?

Is it only for higher end teslas?

Do certain people get favors?! The humanity.

From Tesla saying that the contactors in the inverter have overheated when large amounts of current traversed through them. They said that this large amount of current is beyond the limited current of any car, however its a known issue that poses no risk.

I can't find anything about this. Care to post something?

@St Charles man up and use words. Dislikes don't do anything to and for anyone.

You got a dislike because if you are an adult you should understand that one cannot prove a negative.

I would say that Tesla is very transparent when it benefits them and they can control the spin, otherwise not so much.
How about this.

Tesla shuts down communication. Lets suggest that they act like other companies. No software updates. No Hardware updates unless its annual. No invitations to the gigafactory. Nothing. Elon stops tweeting and communicating.
No information about vendor selection. NO information about the dreadnought. No information about anything unless it's an annual release.

Actually you could mimic this behavior by not paying attention to what Tesla is doing at all. You have control over this - non transparency.

So...would have not purchased your car if you knew this?

I hope Tesla doesn't take anything else away from your car that might cause it to catch on fire - and not tell you.

I would have bought the car, but if I knew I had a limit of 25 launch mode starts before being permanently limited, I would have not spent the money and I think most people would think the same. It should have been disclosed.

You don't have list non-issues with NHTSA. Dangerous Launch mode does not have to be listed because it does not exist.

The whole rant on this thread is due to folks not having the unlimited (possibly dangerous) launch modes they thought they bought.
No one is saying it's a safety issue but you. Not Tesla, not the NHTSA, no reported fires or accidents, no one hurt so unless you can prove it stop saying it.
Tesla has a history of hiding certain things such as exaggerated horsepower claims, false speed specs, false range claims, defects, etc, etc.... You also don't know that the problem is solved on every affected car even if the fix is unacceptable.
Yes, this thread is about people that paid for something and had it taken away from them without any notification or remedy. End of story.

No one is saying it's a safety issue but you. Not Tesla, not the NHTSA, no reported fires or accidents, no one hurt so unless you can prove it stop saying it.
Tesla has a history of hiding certain things such as exaggerated horsepower claims, false speed specs, false range claims, defects, etc, etc.... You also don't know that the problem is solved on every affected car even if the fix is unacceptable.
Yes, this thread is about people that paid for something and had it taken away from them without any notification or remedy. End of story.
If you cut your hand and Band-Aid it up yourself - you don't have to go to the hospital. Although you could tell folks you cut your hand. If everyone says...no you are lying because there is no Hospital that says you got cut....then what is the truth? Did you have a problem and fixed it yourself?

Proactive Contactor Replacement

The contactor and other drive components were a safety issue that got fixed for free before they became an official safety issue or a mandatory recall issue that has to be reported to a car hospital.

I just posted positive tweets that he is currently posting this morning. Do you disagree that he is posting good things this morning? Read it.

Tweets with replies by Elon Musk (@elonmusk) | Twitter

He posted his fixes for people parking at SC's and annoying folks to no end VIA twitter. I tell you guys the truth...if you don't get exactly what you want...you ignore anything good.

I followed the link, and agree that Musk has posted some positive things this morning. (I couldn't find the one about fixes for people parking at SCs, though.)

I never said Tesla and Musk weren't doing a lot of good things. In fact, just a couple of days ago I posted the following (bold added for this post):

I tested the driver profile selection by key fob, and it worked well. I had posted in another thread that I was concerned that the driver's seat steering wheel, etc. might adjust every time a different fob was near the car. I said that I hoped Tesla would have the adjustments take place only when the driver's door is opened, and as it turns out, that is exactly what they have done!

Well-done, Tesla! This is a very welcome improvement, and one that many people have been requesting for a long time. It's great to see Tesla listen to what their customers want, and provide it!

I give Tesla credit where and when I think it is due, and it is due frequently. Unfortunately our criticism is also due frequently.

I am hoping that Tesla will eventually come around to the realization that they don't need to exaggerate spec claims in order to sell their cars, because the cars are just that good. I am hoping they will eventually realize that "giving it to us straight" is a better approach when they do need to deliver bad news than trying to hide it, and hoping we won't notice. And I am hoping Tesla will realize that happy customers are worth a whole lot more, in almost all cases, than what it might cost to keep them happy. This is especially true for a growing company that is trying to change the world.

Thanks for manning up. That's better.

There was an entire thread about it in this forum from an earlier contactor problem.
Proactive Contactor Replacement

Dislike because I want you to respond :p

That problem was well over a year before the release of the P90DL. Are you trying to say that the contactor problem still exists after Tesla fixed it? This line of thinking does not compute to me.

Reactions: darthy001
I followed the link, and agree that Musk has posted some positive things this morning. (I couldn't find the one about fixes for people parking at SCs, though.)

I never said Tesla and Musk weren't doing a lot of good things. In fact, just a couple of days ago I posted the following (bold added for this post):

I give Tesla credit where and when I think it is due, and it is due frequently. Unfortunately our criticism is also due frequently.

I am hoping that Tesla will eventually come around to the realization that they don't need to exaggerate spec claims in order to sell their cars, because the cars are just that good. I am hoping they will eventually realize that "giving it to us straight" is a better approach when they do need to deliver bad news than trying to hide it, and hoping we won't notice. And I am hoping Tesla will realize that happy customers are worth a whole lot more, in almost all cases, than what it might cost to keep them happy. This is especially true for a growing company that is trying to change the world.
Thanks again @Andyw2100 for your honesty and sincerity.

Elon tweeted about the SC parking issue last week or 2 weeks ago about Tesla's remedy. He's a tweeting maniac.

Dislike because I want you to respond :p

That problem was well over a year before the release of the P90DL. Are you trying to say that the contactor problem still exists after Tesla fixed it? This line of thinking does not compute to me.
What? I'm responding like crazy.

The problem of the capacitor and the contactors and everything is in my opinion do to a problem between the marriage of the increased battery capacity/size/density and the other components that aren't seemingly changing. Am I upset about it? No, because Tesla is responding and fixing it.
I posted that link to the other TMC thread because there will be one about this issue that we can look back on in a few months as well.

The reason that I know there will be a thread much like the one I posted is because you guys are going to do something about the issue.

I can also manipulate you by simply pushing the dislike button. This apparently forces you to post something.
Its not a manipulation...I just don't mind communicating through words and not likes and dislikes.

I'm getting plenty of dislikes..and I'm not responding to all of them. You are just one of the lucky ones that I chose to respond to.
For example: look at @msnow - he's going to town with his dislike button. LOL. He just hasn't read this post yet....I've at least got one more dislike coming.

Ahywhoo.....happy motoring.