Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Paid FSD but HW 2.5 onboard!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
took delivery of my P3D+ RHD on aug 7. I paid for FSD buying (maybe foolishly) the full tesla story

However doing the test :

I found I am on 264 codec and therefore HW2.5 and not 3.0

I know tesla has promised free hardware upgrade to FSD clients but I can only imagine it will be only in long while when they fully release FSD

Meanwhile I am somewhat frustrated as I have read reviews that HW3 is not only future proof, it is also superior in current autopilot.

Interested to know outcome of the test on other RHD delivered on last and next few batches.

Wondering if any point to raise strong disapointment and if anyway to force tesla to upgrade my chip given I am one of the few “believer” (...read “sucker”) who paid 6k for sthg my car is not even equipped to do when law permits...

i don’t think the codec check is reliable anymore

FYI July 2019 Build SR+ = HW2.5

Agree I wouldn't just take any youtube video as fact anymore as most are just interested in trying to get views by getting any attention possible rather than actual facts.

If you got it delivered in August its highly likely to be the latest hardware in fact I don't even think any RHD will be the older hardware at least from July

I have checked my raw data on Teslafi and remote S and my car returns APH3

I think this is HW 2.5 as HW 3 is supposed to be APH4

Given I paid for FSD option I can’t help but being disappointed... even if hardware not yet usable.

h264 is a compression standard, hardware 3 could use this h264 as well so its not a way to judge your hardware version. Its also been made clear they will update your hard if needed if you have purchased FSD

Given I paid for FSD option I can’t help but being disappointed... even if hardware not yet usable.

If I am looking in the correct place, Teslafi is showing APH3 on mine as well. Given the supposed extra processing power in HW3, I will be disappointed if it turns out we have HW 2.5. Even though it may not yet be (fully) utilised by current firmware, having paid for FSD I was lead to believe I would receive HW 3, and not a promise to install it later if needed. Putting aside the hassle of a SC visit that would entail.

What is the vin of these cars?

If I am looking in the correct place, Teslafi is showing APH3 on mine as well. Given the supposed extra processing power in HW3, I will be disappointed if it turns out we have HW 2.5. Even though it may not yet be (fully) utilised by current firmware, having paid for FSD I was lead to believe I would receive HW 3, and not a promise to install it later if needed. Putting aside the hassle of a SC visit that would entail.

Agree and share your comments, however teslafi and remote s both return the same wrong raw data on many other features. It shows:
- car LHD , car is RHD
- non performance , car is performance
- 19 inch wheel, i have 20
- USA location , i am in the UK

Wondering if tesla is purposedly sending fake data via its API to 3rd party app providers...

It’s quite painful to not have easy transparency of what are the specs of the car you own!:)

Apparently Tesla returns a generic set of option codes for all model 3.

Would be interesting to see if wee all get
AD15,MDL3,PBSB,RENA,BT37,ID3W,RF3G,S3PB,DRLH,DV2W,W39B,APF0,COUS,BC3B,CH07,PC30,FC3P,FG31,GLFR,HL31,HM31,IL31,LTPB,MR31,FM3B,RS3H,SA3P,STCP,SC04,SU3C,T3CA,TW00,TM00,UT3P,WR00,AU3P,APH3,AF00,ZCST,MI00,CDM0

RENA and DRLH... can’t physically be right for me :)

Apparently Tesla returns a generic set of option codes for all model 3.

Would be interesting to see if wee all get
AD15,MDL3,PBSB,RENA,BT37,ID3W,RF3G,S3PB,DRLH,DV2W,W39B,APF0,COUS,BC3B,CH07,PC30,FC3P,FG31,GLFR,HL31,HM31,IL31,LTPB,MR31,FM3B,RS3H,SA3P,STCP,SC04,SU3C,T3CA,TW00,TM00,UT3P,WR00,AU3P,APH3,AF00,ZCST,MI00,CDM0

RENA and DRLH... can’t physically be right for me :)
Teslafi gives me that exact same list of codes. Mine is a M3P+, MSM with black interior. So perhaps it is just a generic list.