Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Paid Supercharging History on MyTesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

K-MTG

Sunshade Captain of TMC
Oct 24, 2015
Irvine, CA
Just saw this new "History" option on MyTesla. It contains the paid super-charging session info for my Model 3.

Screen Shot 2018-01-12 at 8.04.34 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-01-12 at 8.04.09 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-01-12 at 8.03.56 PM.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Tesla does not need to include free Supercharging on the Model 3 with a backlog of 500K orders.
They will probably continue to include the option on Model S and X to provide market differentiation. :cool:
I was more thinking of an eventual referral system once (if?) they get through the reservation queue.
It took quite a long time for it to appear on S & X so I'm guessing it will eventually appear for Model 3

I want to see the log page from someone who has charged in the ~30 states with per minute supercharging fees. I'm hoping it has number of minutes and number of kWh so we can do the math for price per kWh at various charging rates by comparing a variety of log entries.

No I'm not confusing kW for kWh.

Go to Supercharging and see
  • In North America, pricing is fixed within each state or province. Internationally, pricing is fixed within each country. All prices include taxes and fees.
  • Where possible, owners are billed per kWh (kilowatt-hour), which is the most fair and simple method. In other areas, we bill for the service per minute.
  • When billing per minute, there are two tiers to account for changes in charging speeds, called “tier 1” and “tier 2”.
    • Tier 1 applies while cars are charging at or below 60 kW and tier 2 applies while cars are charging above 60 kW. Tier 1 is half the cost of tier 2.
    • Tier 1 also applies anytime your vehicle is sharing Supercharger power with another car.

and change the state to any of these:
Alabama
Arizona
Connecticut
Delaware
Georgia
Indiana
Iowa
Kansas
Kentucky
Louisiana
Michigan
Mississippi
Missouri
Montana
Nebraska
Nevada
New Hampshire
New Jersey
New Mexico
North Carolina
Ohio
Oklahoma
Pennsylvania
Rhode Island
South Carolina
South Dakota
Tennessee
Texas
Vermont
Wisconsin
Wyoming

to see the per minute rate. It is literally per minute not per kWh.

3/5ths or roughly 60% of the states don't allow Tesla to charge per kWh. It's a billing thing not a power vs energy thing.

Thank the maker (Elon) for supercharger fees. I do want to road trip in my Model 3 and I’m glad I’ll have the opportunity to use them without having to wait for a bunch of people jamming them up just because they can or people using them to power their Uber/Lyft businesses. The fees seem very reasonable on Tesla’s supercharger page. Glad to see they seem to have a very well set up process for reporting/invoicing.