Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Paint color discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
3575450628_53b4a92bf3.jpg

Hey, it matches!

Thank You Very Much Doug!

We are thrilled.

Yeah TEG, I was worried you might guess earlier.!!

I have always thought copper would be good for a car that runs with an Electric motor.

The pic prompted me to stop by the store and check it out.
Your car is all opened up right now as they are working on it so I couldn't get any clean pictures of it.
I have been fantasizing about copper as a car color too, but I was worried that it might be a bit trendy right now, and there are a wide variety of shades and finishes of copper and not all of them work. I am tempted to call your car "Burnt Sienna" rather than copper because it tends toward the brown / dark side of the range.
cp0055d15.jpg

It is definitely not a light shiny orange/copper like you see on the Honda Fit.
250px-Honda-Fit-Sport.jpg
honda_fit.jpg

Your car looks really good, but I think I would want to see it in bright sunlight before knowing just how special it will look.

Just my opinion, but if I were ordering a Roadster today my list of top color choices would be something like:

#1: (BBHighway) Prismatic
#2: Thunder Gray
#3: (VFX) Copper (almost tied with #2)
#4: Midnight Blue
#5: Orange (never thought it would be in my top 5, but it looks great on a Tesla)

I wonder how Thunder Gray with copper stripes would look.

Last edited:
Just my opinion, but if I were ordering a Roadster today my list of top color choices would be something like:

#1: (BBHighway) Prismatic
#2: Thunder Gray
#3: (VFX) Copper (almost tied with #2)
#4: Midnight Blue
#5: Orange (never thought it would be in my top 5, but it looks great on a Tesla)

We have always had similar tastes. My top five is pretty similar to yours but I would bump (BB's color (which I like) for Flat Black.

I was a matter of do you want the car to be (visually) loud, in a "Hey look at me!" bright and/or metallic color or something more subdued. l love them both. I just opted not to be too wild in a work setting. My wife had say as well. She loves Radiant Red but agreed there are a lot of them. I liked the Gray so in a weird way this is sort of both.

I am tempted to call your car "Burnt Sienna" rather than copper because it tends toward the brown / dark side of the range.
It is definitely not a light shiny orange/copper like you see on the Honda Fit.

I kept looking at the bright Nissan (Z?), Honda (Element?) and Corvette Coppers. House of Kolors has an amazing look to theirs. She kept saying "too orange".

Yes, VFX, you made a great choice.
Prismatic and Orange look fantastic (to me) but they may attract too much attention. Being a little more subdued could be a good thing most of the time.

OK, now I am drooling...
That looks awesome in sunlight.

Indoors it isn't as striking.

(edit: is that an actual picture, or a rendering of some sort?)

Last edited:
The black wheels on blacktop combo is really amazing. Have you considered upgrading to the real Tesla black wheels?

The sunlight image is something I mocked up months ago. Besides showing it to Tesla, it's been my desktop image to dream about.

The image started as an unknown VP, and the rims off that beach image. I "powder coated" them to show intent. The wheels will be swapped out with the dark ones before it goes to LA. (soon I hope!)