TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Paint protection for a leased car?

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by Todhovis, Oct 4, 2017.

1. Todhovis

Todhovis New Member

I hesitated to spend the money for ceramic protection on my leased model S P100D, as I will have the car only 36 months. I finally had CQuartz coating applied this week by Blucrown detailing in Katy, TX, and my car looks better than when I got it from Tesla.
    So, I'm late to CQuartz party, but I love how my car looks.

2. steele

steele Member

I also have a leased car and am considering paint protection for my solid black car. Mind if I ask how much the CQuartz ran you?

3. Parris

Parris Member

for a leased car I would definitely not do it. Normal wear and tear is part of your contract nobody is going to say anything about rock chips and stuff.

if you're going to keep the car after your lease is up then do it otherwise I wouldn't.

I see you have pulled the trigger on it though :)

4. Todhovis

Todhovis New Member

It was $400

5. steele

steele Member

Thanks! That might be worth it just for the ease of maintenance.

6. MAPC

MAPC #158

Does anyone know of a CQuartz installer in the Bay Area who would do it for $400?
    Lowest price I have found is $1000 but that includes glass and chrome treatment, which I can do without.

7. magMD

magMD Member

Well, for $400 I would do it just to admire the car for 3 years. But my thoughts it was in the $1k range or more in SoCal. So I have passed on it so far. Anyone know someone reputable in SoCAl at that price point, let me know. I would reconsider for sure.

8. oktane

oktane Active Member

For $400 yes, if it makes you happy.

9. MAPC

MAPC #158

If I could find someone in NorCal that did something meaningful for $400, I'd do it. Mostly looking for a more permanent/semi-permanent 'wax' so that car washes look better.