Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What's the quartz ceramic coating for??
Why would you need paint correction on a brand new car??
Just tell the delivery center not to wash the car if you're really paranoid.

Some will say wait a few week for film to let the paint fully cure before putting any coating on it.
In paints of the good old days...they had solvents that had to evaporate, and therefore you did not want to seal (wax etc) until paint had fully cured/dried. Now paints have much fewer Volatile components - and are powder ecstatically applied, then baked. By the time the car gets of the line, much less to the service depot, its paint is ready for protecting. Paint correction cleans off any junk that arrived during transport.
At least, that's what I've been told, and it makes sense.

Reactions: aus
In paints of the good old days...they had solvents that had to evaporate, and therefore you did not want to seal (wax etc) until paint had fully cured/dried. Now paints have much fewer Volatile components - and are powder ecstatically applied, then baked. By the time the car gets of the line, much less to the service depot, its paint is ready for protecting. Paint correction cleans off any junk that arrived during transport.
At least, that's what I've been told, and it makes sense.

Don't most cars come covered in some sticky wrap? I know I've seen BMW's delivered in a semi enclosed trailer with stick on covering. Not sure how Tesla's are delivered.

I guess I'm not clear what "paint correction" is on this forum. It can be anything from a clay bar and a single polish, to clay bar, wet sanding, then 2-3 different pads for polishing. This is what I think of when I hear "paint correction."