Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Painted my callipers at home

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Painted my callipers today at home while on the car, came out looking really good!

Used VHT yellow calliper paint, VHT high-temp clear and Tesla decal lettering from Brake Decals in the UK under the clear coat.

6 light coats of base and 3 coats of clear.

IMG_1699.JPG
IMG_5711.JPG
IMG_6983.JPG
IMG_6038.JPG
IMG_0157.JPG
IMG_4823.JPG

You also painted the disc hats black I see... these things always have rust spots and flaking in a year or two...

Is red just too overdone that you went yellow? Red on red car... is less noticeable maybe. But very fitting.

How did you prep (clean) the calipers before going at them with yellow? I see some "Wax Remover" in one photo.

Did you prime?

You also painted the disc hats black I see... these things always have rust spots and flaking in a year or two...

Is red just too overdone that you went yellow? Red on red car... is less noticeable maybe. But very fitting.

How did you prep (clean) the calipers before going at them with yellow? I see some "Wax Remover" in one photo.

Did you prime?
Nah, the discs are factory, haven’t touched them!

I liked the idea of the yellow calipers behind the black wheels and I don’t wanna paint them red and pretend my car is a performance model (which come as red from the factory) when it’s not.

Prep wise, cleaned with Caliper cleaner then scrubbed with wax and grease remover. I then sanded the calipers with 300 grit sandpaper so they’re smooth then cleaned with alcohol till they were spotless, then got on with painting.

• Informative
Reactions: scottm and Struja