TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Pano control question: conter-intuitive?

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by Ronist, Mar 5, 2016.

1. Ronist

Ronist Member

I'm starting to use Pano more as spring/summer season is near. My confusion is about controlling pano with the scroll wheel: when I scroll up, the pano moves backward to open. It's also counter-intuitive in relation to the pano display in the center console: scroll up on the wheel, the pano moves down. I guess it's Windows vs Mac and it makes sense for most windows users?

2. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

I seldom use the display to open or close the roof, so it doesn't really matter to me. The times I have used the display, it really never occurred to me that it had a different behaviour. The display matches the picture, the scroll wheel operates like all the other scroll wheel items.

3. AllenWong

AllenWong Member

If you imagine the air flow into your car like a sound volume, then it becomes intuitive. Scrolling up increases the airflow (volume of air), while scrolling down decreases it.

4. Dithermaster

Dithermaster Member

I too am bugged by this! The hold-select scrolling and the pano position both seem backwards. Radio volume is fine though. And yes, I use "natural" scrolling on my Mac (but I can still use Windows touchpads and mice <g>).