Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pano control question: conter-intuitive?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm starting to use Pano more as spring/summer season is near. My confusion is about controlling pano with the scroll wheel: when I scroll up, the pano moves backward to open. It's also counter-intuitive in relation to the pano display in the center console: scroll up on the wheel, the pano moves down. I guess it's Windows vs Mac and it makes sense for most windows users?

I seldom use the display to open or close the roof, so it doesn't really matter to me. The times I have used the display, it really never occurred to me that it had a different behaviour. The display matches the picture, the scroll wheel operates like all the other scroll wheel items.

I'm starting to use Pano more as spring/summer season is near. My confusion is about controlling pano with the scroll wheel: when I scroll up, the pano moves backward to open. It's also counter-intuitive in relation to the pano display in the center console: scroll up on the wheel, the pano moves down. I guess it's Windows vs Mac and it makes sense for most windows users?

If you imagine the air flow into your car like a sound volume, then it becomes intuitive. Scrolling up increases the airflow (volume of air), while scrolling down decreases it.