Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pano roof leaking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

AMPd

Nov 27, 2012
Fort Worth, TX
Picked up my inventory (2015) model last week and today went through a touchless car wash, the pano roof started leaking in the front right corner
Got the seats and the headliner wet.

I assume this is a simple fix.
Just a heads up to those living in rainy climates

Have it checked out. I've been in extremely heavy rainstorms without a drop coming through the pano roof. It's possible the touchless wash could have sprayed high pressure water at strange angles that could have caused the problem. Or you have a seal that needs fixed.

Reactions: AMPd
Picked up my inventory (2015) model last week and today went through a touchless car wash, the pano roof started leaking in the front right corner
Got the seats and the headliner wet.

I assume this is a simple fix.
Just a heads up to those living in rainy climates

I had the same issue......it took them two tries to get it right, but it was ultimately a straightforward fix. They completely replaced the gasketing on mine. Definitely solved the problem.

Reactions: AMPd
Have a 2014 MS P85 CPO. Was charging car at work. Was headed downhill. Very heavy rain made the Headliner and A pillar trim were wet. No water on seats or anywhere else. Brought it to SC and they said the drains were clogged. Same thing happened a week later. Back to SC. Car is still there one week later. They have not yet solved it. I suspect the little drain holes get overwhelmed and water finds the weak spots in the weatherstripping. I will let SC know about your experiences. Thanks.

On June 14 I wrote to the SC that I had water leaking from the front left corner of the pano roof. On july 2 I got an answer that they had received my email, but they could not give me a service appointment or any indication on when they could fix it. On July 5 I answered that they should also check some noise from the front suspension. On July 30 they answered, but they could still not give me an indication on when they could fix the pano roof leakage. On August 17 I came home from my offshore job and the front seat was full of water. I wrote to the SC again, and also escalated my concern via the Tesla website. I still haven´t got a final day for the fix, but I will probably get one in the first or second week of September. So approximately 3 months from I first noticed the leakage, till I will get a service appointment. And that was after escalating the concern for executive review. And they will only fix the pano roof, not check the suspension concern.

I cancelled my model 3 reservation on August 20. If the service situation improves, I will still order the Model 3. If not, I-Pace or E-tron has a new customer. By the way, where I live the annual precipitation is around 3000 mm ... but until now this summer has been exceptionally nice and warm.