Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Parallel park

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I should be able to parallel park and perpendicular park, but in both cases I believe it needs to have cars occupying the adjacent spaces and of course the FSD package. It would be really cool to see Tesla roll it out for use in more empty parking lots; I would love to have confidence from it first rather than my first time trying it being in a very packed parking lot (probably with small spaces in a city I'm visiting or something...)

This isn't something I see a lot of YouTube videos showing either, so I have no idea how well it works. You'll see a lot of the summon stuff tested by YouTubers, but I can't recall once seeing a parking demonstration...

Hmmmm. That does not sound like a good idea.... but the important question is.... can it???

It will sometimes get confused at a traffic light. Reason: It is looking for an appropriate sized gap between cars using ultrasonics. IF the neighboring cars are moving at a speed roughly similar to your own car it can think it sees a larger gap. It does not understand the cars are moving too.